Author Topic: 94th Aero squadron aerodrome  (Read 3111 times)

Offline malaula

94th Aero squadron aerodrome
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:50:35 PM »
Here's another one I did in 2009.The Hat in the ring-gang,at a fictional airfield in france .Got a silver medal for it.

Nieuport 28's are the old revell kit pimped up with resin cowlings ,wheels,and guns and homemade markings,the bessoneau hangars are made of resin.I could'nt get no Fiat or DeDion-bouton trucks ,the RPM Mack-trucks have to stand in.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
Re: 94th Aero squadron aerodrome
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »
Completely deserving of the award! Amazing diorama. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »
Only a silver? Harumph.

Very cool.

Offline Jorgo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 01:15:51 AM »
Brillant, Matz!  ;)

Cheers,
Jörg

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 02:52:14 AM »
Truly remarkable, Mathias!  I thought your Jasta aerodromes were extraordinary, but this one defies belief!  The way you reworked the figures to pose so realistic is amazing, especially in 1/72 scale.  The lights in the hangar are a brilliant touch.  Everything from the ground up is phenomenal.  I agree with Bo.  Competition must have been fierce for this not to take gold.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 03:59:17 AM »
Dang. This is fabulous.

Michael

Offline petrov27

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 06:04:44 AM »
Exceptional - amazing!
-Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 06:08:27 AM »
Incredible work and an amazing amount of detail, extremely well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »
Wow, simply incredible!  I'm so sorry it didn't take gold, you certainly deserve it!

You know, I've had this idea of doing a Jasta line-up for quite some time, but I don't have the room to do it now, or the skills. However, after seeing what you've done, I have to say I won't even attempt it. Your dioramas are so great, and it's not just the models, but the miniature scenes within, the design elements, etc.

Warren
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:24:03 AM by WarrenD »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »
Well I am a little late with my reply! This is just an outstanding piece of work! Stunning Models, detailed structures, beautifully rendered figures, and finally the ground work! All make for a STUNNING DIORAMA! Like the others I sure want to know what took the gold?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline malaula

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 10:14:20 PM »
Thanks to you all for the kind words!As far as I remember the gold medal winner was a very little dio featuring an Albatros over trenches and a bunch of beautifully rendered figures.Actually I didn't care about awards too much but that dio beeing my first attending a contest and even getting an award somehow got me hooked a bit... :P.Anyway,they changed rules since ,now it's possible to get more than just one goldmedal per category.Last but not lest it still depends on the likes or dislikes of the jury, I was given a bronce medal for another armour-dio but a gold award for the same dio by another modelling club at the same show.
Most embarrassing:Imagine fellow member Jorgos wonderful DH2 only scored silver when in the same category they decided togive TWO gold medals to another guy!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2015, 02:16:29 AM »

Most embarrassing:Imagine fellow member Jorgos wonderful DH2 only scored silver when in the same category they decided togive TWO gold medals to another guy!

Okay, Matz, that's only further proof that the judges at your club's events have their heads up their @$$&$!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Axial

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 05:12:34 AM »
 8) Outstanding Matz!

See you in Heiden  ;)

Holl di munter!

Tom

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 08:48:10 AM »
The way you described the judging is the main reason I don't go to shows. You have done a brilliant job with this dio and regardless of what the judges have said, you deserved two gold medals.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 07:25:56 PM »
Wonderful work, Matz.

Best wishes
Nigel