Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1338 times)

Offline mringus

Introduction
« on: January 20, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »
Hi my name is Michael I live in the shadows of the Rockies in Colorado I'm an avid Fly fisherman and Fly tyer I have lived in Colorado my whole life hard to leave such a great place I have modeled armor for a few years and have recently developed an interest in WWI aircraft I model in 1/72 and look forward to all your knowledge
Michael

Offline Nigel Jackson

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:54:18 AM »
Hello Michael and welcome to this wonderful, friendly forum. Although my fingers are too clumsy now for 1/72, you'll find lots of people here working in your scale. You'll see lots of inspiring work and great advice.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:01:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Michael.  Great to have you aboard.  I look forward to your participation.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:01:52 AM »
My name also is Michael and I live in the shadow of the Spanish Peaks in southern Colorado. I too am an avid fly fisherman and fly tyer and am trying the southern waters now: Arkansas mainly. When I was very young, in the 1950s, I discovered WWI plastic kits and have been seriously interested in WWI, models and history, ever since. I built a lot of Eduard kits until Wingnut Wings appeared and have switched primarily to their kits.

I have also spent a considerable time on other modeling forums and almost gave up because of the rancor, backbiting and downright superior and nasty attitudes shown by some attendees. But, I found this forum and Des' excellent site with tips, tools, build logs and tons of inspriation from friendly folks. You'll like it here and please feel free to ask whatever questions you want. You will receive friendly and helpful answers.

Welcome.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:58 AM »
Hello Michael and welcome to the forum, looking forward to your participation with the forum and its members, we have a lot of 1:72 scale builders so I'm sure that you will receive plenty of help if needed.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »
Welcome to our "special place" Michael. You live in a beautiful State, lots to offer, and you'll find this place has lots to offer as well. Enjoy, and Welcome!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »
Welcome to the site , I do the odd 1/72 scale ever now then but I like my 48 scale . Looking forward to seeing what you are working on .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 03:16:56 PM »
Michael,
Welcome to the best Forum on WW1 modeling on the Net! I am sure you will get any and all info and assistance you need! As for Fly fishing I "Dabble" myself in the streams here in the NC Mountains. I plan to visit Montana next year and hope to do a little there also.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Michael. This is a great place
for anyone interested in WWI aviation and you will
find many great teeny scale modelers to work with.
Good to have you aboard. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 04:07:12 AM »
Welcome Michael,
I'm new here too and have experience a very warm reception from this forum. The collective talent, experience, and helpful nature here is second to none.

I love Colorado, my father was from there, and the closest thing to fly fishing I've come to is my limited experience rigging with 2lb fishing monofilament.  ::)

Cheers,
George

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Michael  ;)
You will find no finer place on the web for all things WW1 aviation in plastic. Enjoy!

Von Buckle   :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline mringus

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 01:40:06 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Michael I fish in the south too mainly the Conejous such a beautiful stream maybe we can go sometime

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
Welcome, Michael. Great to have one more 72nd scale modeller here. Currently I build both 32nd and 72nd scale. Will be glad to help.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

WarrenD

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 10:38:31 AM »
Michael,
           Welcome to the crazy house!  Nice to see another modeler that partakes in the one true scale.  ;) ;) ;D 8)  Funny thing is, about the only fishing I've ever done was fly-fishing, but in the Deep South, not a place you picture fly-fishing, huh?  You said you had to leave Colorado, where are you now?

I'm looking forward to your builds and posts sir!

Warren

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »
Welcome Michael. Enjoy the forum

Steve