Author Topic: Jasta5 Boistrancourt  (Read 2010 times)

Offline malaula

Jasta5 Boistrancourt
« on: January 16, 2015, 06:54:18 AM »
Hey Guys! I think I'll interrupt the chronological order to show what I guess you can't wait to see again(just kiddin',have to take pics of the other dios first).This is my first and only attempt  in 48th scale.I had planned to do a 72nd scale Boistrancourt dio following the JG I-build when I met those other guys attempting the same in 1:48,and because they already had some planes finished (and maybe because I was so delighted to have met such nice and gifted fellow modellers al least)I gave in and started work on the hangars and groundwork.It was quite a struggle to get the dimensions right,we had to compeomise in the depth to keep the whole thing in a managable size,we also had to cancel my plans to include the factory buildings in the background.Honestly,I'm still unhappy with the Blu-skies background..
All the Albi's are Eduard oob,figures HeckerGoros,Jager etc.Hangars are made of cardboard,wood,aluminium sheet,hangar no3 is entirely resin.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Jasta5 Boistrancourt
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:08:29 AM »
An amazing amount of detail in this diorama, I have been looking at it for quite some time and still finding things I missed first time around. The whole scene including the aircraft are extremely well done, the vehicle and superb figures all add to the incredible dio, it must be a huge to have 13 aircraft side by side in 1:48 scale, very well done.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline malaula

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:17:53 AM »
Des,thanks so much!Fellow members Jorgo and Axial ,feel free to add some info on the particular DV's you 've built!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »
Another amazing diorama - so many details to appreciate - just incredible!

Does the diorama reside in a museum now?

-Patrick

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 08:58:52 AM »
Truly phenomenal dio, Mathias!  I remember this masterpiece from another forum and, like Des, I never get tired of looking at it. 
Cheers,
Bud
PS-Hat's off to Jorgo and Axial on their remarkable models.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:22:49 PM »
Truly phenomenal dio, Mathias!  I remember this masterpiece from another forum and, like Des, I never get tired of looking at it. 
Cheers,
Bud
PS-Hat's off to Jorgo and Axial on their remarkable models.

I agree with my Amigo as always. I also remember this one and it is really nice to be able to view it in all of its glory again!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline malaula

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 10:18:40 PM »
Thanks Petrov,Bud and Rick!Sadly there seems to be no museum in Germany interested in it as a static display,what I think is really a shame,we don't even charge much for it.Now it  RIP(rest in pieces). :(in my basement.