Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 722 times)

Offline jknaus

Hi everyone
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:43:06 AM »
Just thought I would drop a quick line and wish everyone a great 2015. I have not been on here too much lately except for a peek. Had 3 weeks off at Christmas and have no idea where they went. Helped my Daughter and Son in Law pack up to move and aggravated my neck lifting a small box. Its amazing what nerves can do. Felt like someone had a knife in my back and could only take small breaths. Only lasted 3 or 4 days though so thankful of that. Anyways every kit I touched in the past 4 weeks has gone to heck in a hurry. So very frustrated and disappointed. So taking a small break and try to regroup. We are also researching maybe moving to a new town. Just have to figure costs and if I can truly retire and all that stuff. Had a nice coffee with Lance during the vacation and talked models. That was fun. Now to go and read some more and plot my next fiasco lol.
JAmes

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 03:47:44 AM »
Sounds like normal life. Glad you are better. And, good luck on your retirement decision. For reasons that pass understanding, my retirement has been pretty busy and not because I'm building a lot of models.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 06:43:25 AM »
I think we all go through stages of modeling doldrums, hopefully you will get back to modeling soon. Retirement, the best part of life, I had to take a forced retirement due to medical reasons but I have never been happier, I don't know your situation but if all fans out well take the retirement option. Looking for a new place to live can be a very stressful time and actually moving is more stressful, hope it all goes well for you. Nice to hear that you met up with Lance, I would love to be able to meet up with some of the forum members but distance is the killer.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 07:08:48 AM »
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I was medicaled out of the military and its getting to where I am probably going to have to medical out of work all together. Getting harder to do. So lots of stress again. Hoping I can get back to modeling without screwing up as I am so stoked about WWI aircraft now.
James

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 07:30:13 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your misfortunes and ill-health, James and do hope that you can ease yourself back into successful modelling.

Best wishes
Nigel

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 09:19:58 AM »
James, sorry to hear about all of this, but am glad that you have a positive, forward outlook on things.

Warren