Author Topic: "New" Eduard Albatros  (Read 1286 times)

Offline oldalbie

"New" Eduard Albatros
« on: January 06, 2015, 06:47:38 AM »
I just saw the 1/48th Eduard Albatros DV on their website.  Nothing new except for decal options a bit different.  No improvement on the undercarriage struts (boo hoo)!I wish they had done better on this one with just a few minor fixes.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: "New" Eduard Albatros
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »
Talk about your cash cow.  These kit molds have been milked and been through so many different incarnations that it's ridiculous!
Honor Necessity

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:43:09 AM »
Hey, the Albie is the Bf-One-oh-thingee for the first unpleasantness, and like any model kit manufacturer with a modicum of sense, they will milk it for all it's worth just like they would a Bf-109 kit.

Warren
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:48:13 AM by WarrenD »

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »
Hello,

I agree with Warren, it is a great plane, every manufacture does it in some way,good value for 10euro and don't forget that fix/improve things on moulds costs a lot of money. But I'm pretty sure I've heard that Eduard will release all their kits with new moulds in the future just like they did with their SSW D.III... well, I hope that's true :)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline jeff shreve

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 01:34:41 AM »
Link to the new release :

http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plastic-kits/Profipack/Aircraft/1-48/Albatros-D-Va-1-48.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter2015-01EN

The D.Va hasn't been out since the jasta 5 Ltd. Edition kit 1107, that was their 2nd D.Va release. 

Eduard looks like they may reissue 1 WWI kit each month.  The Dr.1 weekend kit has 2 decal options included, as well as fabric seatbelts. Nice change for the "weekend" series.

Online Berman

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 04:16:41 AM »
 Another area where Eduard compromised to save some money on tooling is the horizontal stabilizer which is incorrectly identical to their D.III kit. Therefore, the rear portion of the fuselage and stabilizer need some minor fixing.