Author Topic: Albatros Dva Jasta 76b Walter Boning  (Read 1158 times)

Offline starflyer

Albatros Dva Jasta 76b Walter Boning
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:23:31 AM »
Does someone help me to find accurate art, or pictures, or original photo about this Albatros? I know Walter Boning aces flown the same Albatros in two different scheme in the 1917 and in 1918, but I don't know exactly which are differences between. I am building a WnW kits of DVa looking to replicate the Boning aircraft. Thank you a lot for your help.
Davide

Offline starflyer

Re: Albatros Dva Jasta 76b Walter Boning
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:58:22 AM »
Thank you, I see that pictures and it seems this airplane was in the 1918. I would like to compare the 1917 scheme of same airplane. About the pic of from Wingnutwinw I was thinking about a detail......I see the white colour on the fusolage cross, that looks brite for ure is white.....but the chessboard sould be light blie and white, correct? I see the White chess are darker then white border of the cross in the same position under the same light......could be this another color than white?

Offline drdave

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 07:03:14 AM »
Some have gone for pale gray. I've seen a dark edge to the rudder to which has been done in green in decals.

Offline davecww1

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 02:52:57 AM »
Don't forget there are many shades of white.  As any car enthusiast knows white can vary from a yellow tint to a blue tint, and is one of the hardest colors to touch up on a car.  So perhaps the white used by Boning's crew to paint the checkerboard was more of an ivory tint, being the white paint that they could find in the field.  As compared to the national insignia which may have been a bluer white that would photograph lighter than the ivory.  The fact that it is blue and white is known as this is supposed to represent Bavarian national colors.
Dave