Author Topic: German hangars  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
German hangars
« on: December 23, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »
Afternoon, chaps.

Although I've made good progress with my RFC/RNAS/RAF diorama, I've done very little with my German one. The biggest stumbling block is the hangar(s). I made a hangar, roughly based on one in a photo in the Osprey Jasta 18 book, but I wasn't at all happy with the overall look of it. The dimensions were guessed and it seemed to be too high and the slope of the roof to steep. It was the sort where the roof has a gable end over the doors and the roof itself has two different slopes )I'm afraid I don't know the architectural term for this).

What I would like to know is were German hangars built to a specified size? Are there any plans available?

Failing that, what dimensions have you chaps used? I know there are a few on here who have made, or ar making hangars for dioramas. If you give model dimensions, please give the scale. I myself am working in 72nd.

Thanks.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: German hangars
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:23:24 AM »
A subject I'm interested in as well...

I haven't found any plans yet, but the Jasta 30 book has numerous photos of the hangars at Phalempin (usually in the background of course), including a nice aerial shot which would be helpful for general arrangement and scale.

Another place to ask/look would be the Rise of Flight forum, there are 3D modellers making scenery assets for the sim and they are every bit as meticulous as we are...

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 01:25:09 AM »
Squiffy, why don't you give Kevin a shout, he's currently building a hangar. I know I plan to steal his idea . . . . errrr . . . . I mean build one too.  (Actually, I want a German, French, and British hangar/tent/etc. to use for displays.)

Warren

Offline malaula

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 07:46:25 AM »
Hi Squiffy,I still got some vacu Hangar-tents left ,the same as on my JGI Dio.PM me if you want one.