Author Topic: WW1 footage of Fokker and Oberousel  (Read 2685 times)

Offline RAGIII

WW1 footage of Fokker and Oberousel
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:31:49 PM »
This link was posted on the WW1 Modelers List. It seems Ray has mentioned it in Windsock. I don't recall it being posted here but if it has then I will delete the thread. There is some very interesting footage near the end of Jasta 6 breaking the wing of an Ev in an attempt to re-create Fokkers famous photo. I am interested in others thoughts about the wing coloring.

http://www.npogeschiedenis.nl/speler.WO_VPRO_041818.html .

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: WW1 footage of Fokker and Oberousel
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:40:27 AM »
that is some interesting footage... as far as the E.V wing coloring goes, I think you can see the slanted color demarcation on the upper wing as the guy slides off -- bt maybe it is a case of seeing what you think you are seeing...

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:49:34 AM »
   I've looked at it a dozen times or more, wish it were just a tiny bit clearer. Maybe just a hint of demarcation on that wing upper surface, but not enough to say it's really there! :-\
   Man, the average "workplace safety" expert would lose his S&*^*^T if he were to walk into some of those factory assembly lines! Neat stuff, Rick.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »
Great footage.
I knew, that there are a lot of pictures from the Fokker factory, but I did not know that a film exists.
Many thank's, Rick the third. ;)

Servus
Bertl

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:36:02 AM »
   I've looked at it a dozen times or more, wish it were just a tiny bit clearer. Maybe just a hint of demarcation on that wing upper surface, but not enough to say it's really there! :-\
   Man, the average "workplace safety" expert would lose his S&*^*^T if he were to walk into some of those factory assembly lines! Neat stuff, Rick.
Cheers,
Lance

Lance, I too have looked at the film many times now. The great thing is one can Stop the film and stare at the wing in different aspects as the plane tips over. I can see what appears to be a demarcation between upper and lower surfaces but not much evidence of demarcations of splinter type camo on the top. JMHO, and glare or film sensitivity could be obscuring the top colors?
RAGIII

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:47:14 AM »
I think the upper wing splinter demarcation is easier to see when the film is running. I think the light reflects slightly differently on the two colors, so while any still shot the demarcation is barely visible, the variation is multiplied when the film moves.

That's what I see anyway...

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 05:47:16 AM »
Does anyone know of a way to download this video ?

Cheers

Andrew

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »
Sorry above my level of Incompetence  :-X I was able to save to my favorites though!... Providing it isn't taken off line I can at least access it with no trouble.
RAGIII