Author Topic: 1/72 vehicles from Roden 'In Processing'  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
1/72 vehicles from Roden 'In Processing'
« on: December 05, 2014, 11:03:50 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has spotted this, but Roden has just shown a surprise renewed interest in WWI - true, not with any 1/32 aviation, but still, these all sound very attractive to me.

In their 'In Processing' section you can now see listed some projected kits for 2015(?), including in 1/72 scale; #731 British Armoured Car (Pattern 1920 Mk.I), #733 FWD Model B 3-ton Lorry, and #735 Vauxhall D-type Staff Car.

Seeing these is a major encouragement for me to get on with that old Airfix 0/400. 1/72 scale has its limitations, but it's great for wider diorama scenes. The lorry and the Vauxhall will go great in there with the Handley Page, and hopefully an earlier model Rolls Royce will follow as it did in Roden's 1/35 series.

Mark

Online RAGIII

Re: 1/72 vehicles from Roden 'In Processing'
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 12:24:32 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! I don't do much in 1/72nd but it is great to see Roden looking at the period again!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »
Just imagine the interest and probable sales they would have if they released the same kits in 1:32 scale, I think this warrants an email to Vladimir at Roden asking if they have any intentions of producing the kits in 1:32 scale.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »
FWD (Four Wheel Drive) Model B three ton lorry, built in the USA but used by the British Army

WD Model B with the 6 inch 30 cwt Howitzer - one of the main uses for the FWD Model B in the British Army was as the towing vehicle for the 6 inch 30 cwt, and the later 6 inch 26 cwt Howitzer

1914 Vauxhall 25 Staff Car
4,500 were made specifically for the British forces until 1922.  Saw service in Jerusalem, Middle East and throughout the European theatre of war.

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:15:46 AM »
Just imagine the interest and probable sales they would have if they released the same kits in 1:32 scale, I think this warrants an email to Vladimir at Roden asking if they have any intentions of producing the kits in 1:32 scale.

Des.

Wow Des, I never figured you for such a 1/72nd scale hater.  :(   ;) 8)  Like 1/72nd scale sales for Roden don't count?   ::)

Warren