Author Topic: Gunsight Graphics Fokker Streaky Decals  (Read 4290 times)

WarrenD

Gunsight Graphics Fokker Streaky Decals
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:30:13 AM »
Does anyone know if Gunsight Graphics is still producing the Fokker streaky finish decals?

http://www.internetmodeler.com/scalemodels/nraviation/Fokker_Streaking_New_Decals_by_Gunsight_Graphics.php

Thanks!

Warren

Offline petrov27

Re: Gunsight Graphics Fokker Streaky Decals
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 03:32:12 AM »
-Patrick

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:42:19 AM »
Thank you Petrov, but I believe Micro-sculpt only produces products for 1/48th, and I do not build in that scale. I destroy and ruin kits in 1/72nd.  ;D ;)

Warren

Offline petrov27

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:01:35 AM »
Ah - apologies! I am surprised another company has not produced the streaking decals in other scales - i do not think they are available in 1/32nd scale either.
-Patrick

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »
Me too, Gunsight was supposed to be producing them in 72, 48, and 32. I might send them a money order anyway and take a chance.

Thanks!

Warren

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »
Warren, did you try looking on e-bay? I got mine from there but it has been a few years ago.

Mike

WarrenD

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:17:23 AM »
No Mike, I haven't, but I'll sure give it a try. Thanks!

Warren

Offline rfindley

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »
I believe Gunsight Graphics stopped production of the Fokker streaking camouflage several years ago.   They do not respond to emails.

Online IanB

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 12:21:57 PM »

WarrenD

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 11:05:53 PM »
Well, I wanted to give them a try, I've seen some folks come up with some good results. I wanted to see if I could do the same. In any event, I'll create an ongoing ebay search and see what comes up from time to time.

Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Warren
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:26:15 PM by WarrenD »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 02:26:05 AM »
Warren as others have stated Gunsight is no longer producing the decals. Sean and Ira went different directions and Sean just stopped work on the line. For a while I was forwarding all of the requests that popped up on different forums hoping Sean would get back in the business but it seems he just lost interest or it wasn't worth while. As for the results it took some planning on layout but they do work quite nicely, especially if one added some random streaks here and there with oils or other thinned down paint.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

WarrenD

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 06:40:36 AM »
Rick, I thought the results you, Matt B., and other got were very nice especially, as you said, when you added a bit of streaking with them yourself. I did contact Sean via the Facing Book a long while back about them, and he said "I guess I better make some more up", and that's the last I heard of that. Too bad, as I thought it a good idea.
I'd love to know how he made them, I'd have a crack at it myself.

Warren

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 03:13:35 PM »
 What scale were you after Warren? I have two spare sets, 1 in 1/32 and 1 in 1/72, both uncut. Send me a PM if interested
Cheers
James
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

WarrenD

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 02:06:09 AM »
Jamo,
         A PM is inbound sir. Thanks to the generosity of you and another forumite, I'll now have two sheets from which to work for my next Fokker builds, which are admittedly, a ways off on the horizon. (I have a couple of off-topic builds to finish, and my next WWI project will not require a streaky "Fokker Finish".) 

I don't know if y'all suffer from this affliction, but I tend to plan builds two and sometimes three projects out. These decals will go towards some Eduard Tripes and hopefully a Fokker-built D.VII.

I am curious about this though:

- Since these decals are OOP, and it doesn't look like the original manufacturer/creator has any interest in producing them anymore, if it would be possible to scan the sheet, and then print some new ones out on clear decal paper?  I'd never take money away from anyone who produces items for our little niche market, but only thought to do this since they're no longer available, etc. Thoughts?  Ideas?

Warren

Offline jamieg

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 02:29:27 AM »
Warren;

If you are copying a decal sheet you own, for your own personal use, I think that qualifies as fair use. If it does not, it should.

Jamie