Author Topic: Port Victoria P.V.8 (Eastchurch kitten)  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
Re: Port Victoria P.V.8 (Eastchurch kitten)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »
That is coming on very well and quickly too. I try to build the cockpit detail before assembling the fuselage as fitting is easier. However a basic seat, control column and instrument panel would not be difficult to add at this stage - would much be visible anyway?

If you look at the photo in the link that I gave the answer is not a lot! The pilot appears to fill the cockpit opening (or perhaps the chap in the photo has eaten too many pies?  ;D ). I think this model cries out to have a pilot figure to give scale to just how small the aeroplane is.

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 07:15:06 AM »
I've not updated this for a long time but then I've not done anything with it for a long time. This week I had a burst of activity and made and fitted the struts and landing gear.

The wheels are from my spares box, source unknown but are approximately the right size. The propeller spinner is a piece of plastic rod sanded to shape.

There's really not much more to do other than a tailskid, rigging and the fitting of a Lewis gun. All in all it's a very poor effort but, being my first scratchbuild it's taught me a lot.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 07:38:47 AM »
Great to see you back on this project Squiffy, the landing gear looks excellent.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »
Looks terrific Squiffy! Good to see you finishing this one up!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »
That looks really good especially for a first attempt at scratch build. Do put up pictures of the completed model. Looking forward to seeing more of your scratch builds.

Stephen.