Author Topic: wnw Felixstowe  (Read 28371 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: wnw Felixstowe
« Reply #315 on: December 26, 2014, 01:59:01 AM »
Lord! I think Santa would have to add a couple more
Reindeer this trip. ;D

Cheers and merry Christmas,
Ernie :)

Can you imagine him trying to keep up with the weight and balance calculations as more and yet more of those Felix's got piled onto his sled by the Elfs!?!?
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline zavod44

« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2014, 04:13:34 AM »
Goodness me, zavod, what a special Christmas for you.

Best wishes and seasonal greetings from the heart of France.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel, you to.  Enjoy your Holidays. 

Santa even dropped off a 1/35 St Chamond late type this morning.  It is now officially the Greatest Christmas ever....

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #317 on: December 26, 2014, 07:27:25 AM »
Welllll.....Mrs. Santa not only managed to get the box from next door, she added to the mix!

So just how big is the Felixstowe? The aileron for one wing is LONGER than one of the lower wings of the Sopwith Pup.

When excavating the Dueslists box, you dig through the W.29, then get to the hull of the F'stowe and think, "dang (insert crikey, cor, s'truth, Merde, Mama Mia) this is BIG." But then you get to the wings of the F'stowe and, think, "oh my, this is big",  and then realize that there is still a center section that the other sections go into, and no matter how many times you looked at a yard stick (sorry, meter measure) to see how big a wingspan your model was going to have, actually seeing it is mind boggling.

Yes, I am afraid I will need a Texas sized house for this trio of water birds.

Merry Christmas, indeed!!!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #318 on: December 26, 2014, 08:01:45 AM »
Congrats, bro!  Great haul!  Tell Diane she done good.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline mgunns

« Reply #319 on: December 26, 2014, 08:04:16 AM »
So......does this mean we will be seeing build logs for the Felixstowe?  I got some Christmas moolah, just might have to pop for one.
Best wishes to all.

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »
Great haul Michael, give Mrs Santa a pat on the back for managing to extract the package from next door.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2014, 08:24:35 AM »
@Michael
You do not need a Texas sized house for it, you need a big swimming pool for these three water birds....... 8)

Servus
Bertl

Offline petrov27

« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
I cant get over how big the wingspan is on the Felix - the fuselage/hull seems very short when you compare the span. Wonder how the thing was to fly?
-Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2014, 09:50:02 AM »
Just one half of the top wing not including the centre section is wider than the entire wingspan of the Bristol F.2b, it will be a huge model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline sobrien

« Reply #324 on: December 27, 2014, 07:26:28 AM »
My WNW Early Felixstowe arrived this morning. Box is as big as a suitcase. Wow! Months of modeling enjoyment ahead. Just have to decide on which scheme and get some more paint.

Sean

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #325 on: December 30, 2014, 04:43:01 AM »
Hi:

Is anyone who purchased the early Felixstowe not building the US version? If so, would you be interested in selling me the US markings?

Thanx,
Carl

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #326 on: December 30, 2014, 08:14:48 AM »
Just got Datafile 82 (No, the reprint isn't out yet) and was gratified to see that there were gaudy schemes for the Early version, as well, since I opted to purchase  the W.29/F.2A The Duellists. Drawings include 1/48 3-view & 3 sections for the Beaching Trolley, easily blown up to 1/32. IMHO this would solve the problem of trying to display a flying boat's natural element. Got Datafile 55 last Friday, so I'm set.
Regards & Happy New Year, Rob

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #327 on: December 30, 2014, 08:43:36 AM »
My Felixstowe arrived today. Four inches of snow down and still snowing hard but the US Postal Service came through. I
Have never bought such a big model kit.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline petero

« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »
Just got Datafile 82 (No, the reprint isn't out yet) and was gratified to see that there were gaudy schemes for the Early version, as well, since I opted to purchase  the W.29/F.2A The Duellists. Drawings include 1/48 3-view & 3 sections for the Beaching Trolley, easily blown up to 1/32. IMHO this would solve the problem of trying to display a flying boat's natural element. Got Datafile 55 last Friday, so I'm set.
Regards & Happy New Year, Rob

Both kits include beaching gear, so you won't have to build your own.  See pages 12 and 33 of the Duellists instructions. 

Peter

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »
I just got mine today One thing that puzzles me on the black and white dazzle scheme is the one bare panel was this a repair or is there some other reason for that panel ?