Author Topic: red and white F.2b Bristol at Telford 2014  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Berman

red and white F.2b Bristol at Telford 2014
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:26:32 AM »
I spotted a photo of a F.2b sporting a very interesting overall red and white splinter livery on exhibit at Telford. It had a standard grey fuselage nose. Appeared to be a 1/48th scale Eduard kit. Does someone have a documentation source for this paint scheme?  Or contact infomation for the modeller? Thanks.

Offline Berman

Re: red and white F.2b Bristol at Telford 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:35 PM »
No, it is not the Crocodile. You can see a photo of this Bristol F.2b and other Telford photos at hyperscale.com. Click on forum. Click on Plastic Pics. Posted under Scale ModelWorld 2014 Part 7 at 9:01AM. The competition entry number was 179 for this unusual Bristol. No scale given so it might be a WNW kit. The rudder serial number is 4380. By the way, the latest research on the Crocodile states that the checkerboard markings were actually black and white not red and white. OH decals produced a set of the black and white markings plus crocodile artwork for the WNW kit.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
Berman,
     I checked out the Hyperscale photo, I really don't believe it could be a Wingnut Wings Kit. The vertical stabilator/rudder assembly is quite thick compared to my WNW Build, the stitching detail much heavier, and the Scarf Ring is very heavy by comparison as well.  As for the scheme, really neat however I've never seen this one. Hope you can get the information you're after.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:05:51 PM »
Hello All

I think the model you are referring to is the Roden 1/48 Brisfit which won a gold model in Class 11. I took four photos of it and will post these along with many many others asap today in the ScaleModelWorld Telford 2014 thread.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Berman

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 11:44:10 AM »
 I found out that the Brisfit modeller is a member of the Ireland IPMS. He has a posting on their forum.  The modeller now says that the fuselage nose might have been white instead of grey. The white undersurfaces CDL instead of white. The model's top wing is painted all wrong. I guess the Telford judges do not require any documentation to hand out a gold medal.

Offline youngtiger1

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 04:49:22 PM »
I think the one this gentleman is referring to is the one that had Red splinter style pattern over white. It was totally cool.

Mike