Author Topic: Dragon 1/48 Knights of the Sky reissues  (Read 698 times)

Offline Nigel Jackson

Dragon 1/48 Knights of the Sky reissues
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:39 AM »
Those of us of a certain age may remember the Dragon Knights of the Sky 1/48 scale series. Well, I just happened to be browsing the Dragon USA site at dragonusaonline.com and have found that a batch of four have been listed for November re-release as follows

Fokker Dr.I (two schemes: Richthofen; Kempf)

Fokker Dr. VII (sic), obviously meaning the D.VII

Fokker Dr. VIII (sic), obviously meaning the D.VIII

SPAD 13

The price of each is listed as 31.99 dollars

Funnily enough I was looking at the SPAD in the stash today and wondering about doing it, before reality kicked in and I remembered the group build D.VII (WNW 1/32) I've only just started.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Dragon 1/48 Knights of the Sky reissues
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 06:31:43 AM »
Nigel,
    Fond memories of these, I had all of them and more then one of all but the Spad. The greatest thing about them was the very fine stainless steel wire they supplied for rigging, the worst (and it was BAD) was the Photo Etched Struts.
   I only have a few of my 1:48 Collection that have survived moves and disasters the past many years but here's their D.VIII in the old popular green wing livery:

Great little Kits for their day, bet they'll sell well.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline petrov27

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
Wow these kits bring back memories - I recall sitting in my tiny sweltering hot apartment between college and work trying to mask one of these Dragon DrI kits as Udet's "blue and red" stripe example (blue and red per an old WW1 Aero article...) Kit was mashed in one of many moves over the years - wish I still had it!!

-Patrick

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 09:15:14 AM »
I certainly look back on them with affection and learned a lot from the builds. Your D.VIII looks mighty fine Lance. Sadly, like Petrov, mine didn't survive our move to France. Hours of careful packing proved to no avail. It felt as if the removal people had used the box as a football.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »
Yes, aren't Movers (as we call them here in Canada) special. My first move in the Military my entire collection of the old "Aircraft in Profile" Series was "lost", strangely packed in the one missing box containing my Wife's Stamp Collection and several of my cameras, all from different rooms. My models didn't seem to appeal to them, but they managed to trash them anyways!  >:(  If our plans to move next year come to pass I'll be packing and carrying two things in my truck personally; my Models and my guns!
Cheers,
Lance