Author Topic: The VanderSarl Bleriot from Ghosts  (Read 1121 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
The VanderSarl Bleriot from Ghosts
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:44:46 PM »
I have just received a copy of this new book from Ghosts.

This is an amazing story of two youngsters who back in 1911-12 built the copy of Bleriot XI using very simple tools and materials and fulfilled their kid's dream - they flew it! The aircraft survived 100 years and was recently reconstructed and made air-worthy again. So it is actually a double story of passion and love to flying - all nicely written, illustrated with archive and new photographs - those by Philip Makanna who again showed his utmost mastery in air-photography and all presented in a sublime editing. Absolutely breathtaking read, the feast to my eyes, especially the pages putting side by side the photos from the original Vandersarl Bleriot take off and the current photos of the reconstructed aircraft, separated by 101 years of time.
At 30USD the book is a bargain for those among us, who like me have a soft spot for those pioneering aircraft. Especially, if you reside in US as the P&P cost to Europe is not that cheap, however, I do not regret any penny I spent for this marvel!

Available at:
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/PrzemoLPP/BleriotBook_FrontCover_1024x1024_zps53e52cb3.jpg
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:22:27 PM by PrzemoL »
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Rob Hart

Re: The VanderSarl Bleriot from Ghosts
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to get a copy of the book.

Offline stefanbuss

Re: The VanderSarl Bleriot from Ghosts
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:42:17 PM »
Yes, thank you for recommending that one. Maybe this will be available in Europe via Christian Schmidt.

Stefan