Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.XII  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Phillip

Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.XII
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:18:37 AM »
Hi All,

I have just finished this model, it has taken me about three years , worry, sleepless nights thinking , working, re working , reworking again ( you get the picture). Now, I am on a mental holiday from the woes of our hobby. My MS gets in the way of my modeling, but when I am up to it, it is what I love to
do , anyway here you are , it is a Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.XII with model cellar and modelkasten converted resin figures to "ape" a photograph that is in Datafile "Pfalz at War" by Ray Rimell. I hope you like the model.
Regards Phillip

OOps sorry I am a dinosaur and technology averse , I now know to be using a resolution of 72 dpi not 300 pixels per inch , talk about confusing.
P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:00:18 AM by Phillip »

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: Wingnut Wings Pfalz D.XII
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 04:52:36 AM »
So, you're the one!  ;)
She is a beauty!

Thanks for sharing.

VB

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/customermodels#

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
That is an outstanding build and the figures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing Phillip!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
This is a truly remarkable diorama, Phillip!  I've seen the photo and have pondered the modeling possibilities, but you had the courage and creativity to bring it to life.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Phillip

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 06:18:29 PM »
My old friends ( less of the old ........... ) . My friends, thank you very much for your kind words, I will try to add some more photographs with this post
Regards
Phillip

Offline Phillip

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:45:48 PM »
Hi All,
Is there a gentleman amongst your good selves out there that can help me with my inability to make my pictures as big as others that I have seen, I am using 72 dpi (239 x 240  pixels which gives me just under the maximum of 128, kb (in fact it gives me 125 kb ) but my pictures still look small compared to others I have seen (you see, size matters ........ even in a Modelers forum! LOL ) Am I doing things right?
     Anyway please find attached another photograph at the above size
Regards
Phillip

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:36 PM »
Hi Phillip, welcome to the forum.

Regarding the picture size thing -- we really should have a FAQ on this, as you aren't the first newcomer to struggle with posting pictures.

The built-in picture hosting ability of this site is quite limited in order to save bandwidth -- Des' hosting costs would skyrocket if he tried to host everybody's hi res images. To get around this, most of us have our images hosted by a third party.

There are a plethora of good, free, third party image hosting sites. Here are a few in no particular order:

Flickr
Picasa
Photobucket
Imgur

Basically, once you sign up, you can upload your images to your personal storage space. Then you get a link which you can paste in your messages here to display images at high resolution.

I like Photobucket (enough to get a paid "pro" account) some people hate it though, so there you go, fortunately there are a large number of free options to try. The nice thing about Photobucket is there is a good Photoshop plugin which lets you upload directly from Photoshop; there are also good mobile apps for the service so you can manage your photos on your phone and /or tablet.

Dropbox and other cloud storage services are another option.

All of this probably sounds a bit daunting, but it is actually quite easy. Start by picking a hosting service for your pictures and we'll walk you through the rest.

Cheers,

--Bo

Offline Phillip

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 11:19:57 PM »
You are a gent Sir, thank you for your help I will endeavor to set up through photobucket.
Thank you again.
Regards
Phillip

Offline Phillip

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 01:00:43 AM »
I am sorry if I have done this incorrectly, I have joined photobucket, uploaded pictures and I have this URL I do not know if it will give you just one more picture or the album so here goes 

http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/phillipdcware/library/Pfalz%20Diorama
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:15:27 AM by Phillip »

Offline Phillip

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 01:03:26 AM »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:16:49 AM by Phillip »

Offline Phillip

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 01:12:30 AM »
http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/phillipdcware/library/Pfalz%20Diorama

I hope that is it guys! sorry to be a pain, hopefully now it is all done.
 Regards
Phillip
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:17:20 AM by Phillip »

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 01:46:05 AM »
You are close!

To insert an image link that will display in your post, you surround it with img tags, like this:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/phillipdcware/DSCN0166copy.jpg[/img]
which results in something like this (Voila!):

As a shortcut, you can simply highlight the link in your post, and click on the image tag button -- looks like a tiny picture in a frame and is below the B (bold) button:

Another shortcut alternative -- Photobucket can provide you with an image tag ready to paste into your message:

Edit: fixed broken link
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:26:07 AM by Bo Monroe »

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 02:45:04 AM »
Phillip, you are man of undaunted courage and indefatigable perseverance. Not only in your model building but in your determination to get these pictures posted. (Thank you, Bo, for the tutorial.....it will be of great help, for sure.)

I love the humor of the build but what really makes it work is the wonderfully high quality of the model and the truly great work on the figures. Bravo!

Keep at it! Your efforts are clearly appreciated by the crowd.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 05:53:51 AM »
Amazing work Phillip!  The overall detail of the diorama and the excellent figure painting is outstanding. ;D  Interesting and entertaining scene as well, reminding us of the humanity of these pilots.  Very well done! (. . . and thanks to Bo for the great photo posting tutorial that helps us see this beautiful diorama up close! ;))

Cheers,

Bob

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 06:05:51 AM »
Some folks might not be aware that Phillip's dio is a faithful recreation of a real photo. I tried to find it on the interwebs but came up empty. But I think it can be found in the Pfalz D.XII WS DF... (IIRC)

cheers