Author Topic: Salmson 2-A2 Vickers MG - Loading Handle Question  (Read 852 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

Salmson 2-A2 Vickers MG - Loading Handle Question
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »
The WnW USAS Salmson 2-A2 kit doesn't appear to have a loading handle on the Vickers MG and in looking at period photos, there doesn't seem to be one in evidence either. I know the French modified their Vickers with extended loading handles, as per one of GasPatch's aftermarket MGs, but that handle isn't present in the photos either. What would be my best course of action here?

Cheers,

Chris

DISREGARD! Johnson needs to get better glasses. I just saw the loading handle moulded onto the receiver.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 10:51:03 PM by Chris Johnson »
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline nmroberto

Re: Salmson 2-A2 Vickers MG - Loading Handle Question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »
Know what you mean about the glasses.  I went to Wal Mart and bought a pair of cheapo reading glasses with a high magnification.  Works great.
Robert

Offline Trackpad

Re: Salmson 2-A2 Vickers MG - Loading Handle Question
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:51:32 PM »
+1: that's why my main weapon of choice in this case is my Optivisor. I could have bought surgeon's glasses in Dallas some yars ago (US Nationals), but the price tag ($800.00) was a tad steep for my budget!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."