Author Topic: 1/72 RFC Nieuport markings  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Procopius

1/72 RFC Nieuport markings
« on: October 09, 2014, 11:51:32 PM »
I realize that sound market forces, rather than individual pleadings, determine what sheets you do and when, but nonetheless, I do feel compelled to beg, on hands and knees -- which makes it difficult to type this -- that you contemplate doing a 1/72 sheet on RFC/RAF Nieuports.

Currently, for my money, the best WWI kit of an Allied subject in 1/72 is the Eduard Nieuport 17/23 kit, and for some improbable reason, the kit has no British marking options, though the type was used extensively by the RFC, and almost all of the most famous aces flew it. Eduard have confirmed that they do not intend to do British markings for the kit themselves, and at present, the only Nie.17 markings for the RFC are to my knowledge a single option on a Blue Rider sheet for an aircraft shot down over German lines.

Uh, I guess I'm kind of rambling here. In summation, I suspect 1/72 is a fairly marginal scale for WWI modelling these days, but I hope you do consider releasing a British Nieuport sheet for it. 
"Kill the sods, the Hunnerinoes, at all costs. Anywhere and everywhere!"
-- Major Keith "Grid" Caldwell, 74 (Tiger) Squadron

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: 1/72 RFC Nieuport markings
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:05:39 AM »
Uh, I guess I'm kind of rambling here. In summation, I suspect 1/72 is a fairly marginal scale for WWI modelling these days,

No, it is not, Procopius. And Rowan knows it well. And maybe when you and me build a new HR Models Pup, one each, and decorate them with Rowan's decals from his very first set, he maybe tempted to hearken your begging :-)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
I would like to second Procopius' plea (I shall be your second sir!) to do a sheet of RFC Niueports. I've got a pile of Eduard Noops in the stash (perhaps I should go order more) and I've acquired a pile of French and IRAS markings. I'd love to add a Pheon sheet of RFC markings to the stash.

Warren

Offline Procopius

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:14:54 AM »
This is splendid, gentlemen! Why, we're practically a mighty host at this point!
"Kill the sods, the Hunnerinoes, at all costs. Anywhere and everywhere!"
-- Major Keith "Grid" Caldwell, 74 (Tiger) Squadron

Online rolanddvi

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 08:19:31 AM »
I'm in too!

Mike