Author Topic: My First Biplane. WNW FE.2b.  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Epeeman

Re: My First Biplane. WNW FE.2b.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 04:09:47 AM »
First biplane model? 

Wow!

I'm astounded - what a superb model - love your display stand and figures.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 06:20:59 AM »
I wholly agree with all that has been written so far. Just outstanding for a first attempt at a biplane, and what a different form of display! I am lost for more words…..except welcome to a first class forum.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »
Most impressive for your first bi-plane  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
Oh dear me, how I love those Fees! And yours is one of the most beautifully done I have seen yet! Congratulations and warm welcome to this site!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 04:15:49 AM »
Adrian - Echoing any and all that has been said...I'll throw in the phrase jaw-dropping just for good measure...and done with heart as well with the poppies...a lovely tribute to the guys depicted.   -M
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline KitRookie37

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 04:31:14 AM »
Hello to all,
Waouhh !!! What a wonderful model and figures !!!  :D :D
Best regards.
Alain.
Use the force, Luke.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
Hello Adrian and welcome to the forum:

What a wonderful model you have built.  I can only echo the sentiments of the others on the forum.  Truly and outstanding build, the see through roundels are definitely and outstanding bit of workmanship.  The figures really bring it to life.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 04:26:41 AM »
A great piece of work! Did you motorise the prop, or did you aim a fan at it to get the appearance of it spinning?

Offline Stuart Milliken

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
Oh My!  What a treat to see--just superb!

Stuart

Offline adrianjohndavies

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 08:44:02 AM »
Thank you all for your extremely kind words.

Yes, it is the first bi plane I've completed. Which speaks volumes to the standard of the kit and it's design. It's not the first one I've started though. I got most of the way through a WNW RE.8 and eventually binned it. I wasn't happy with it, and all that I could do to it was only making it worse. Still I learned a lot that I applied in the building of this one.

The see through wing effect is all painted. All those afternoons spent  at the IWM staring up at the BE.2c paid off.

Squiffy, in answer to your question, the prop is motorized, using the motor from a cell phone vibrator. It has just enough torque to get the prop spinning.

I've just found out that the box for this will (just) fit as carry on with United Airlines, so it looks like I will be able to bring it to Telford this year.

Again, thank you.

Adrian
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:09:59 PM by adrianjohndavies »

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
I've just found out that the box for this will (just) fit as carry on with United Airlines, so it looks like I will be able to bring it to Telford this year.

You are absolutely right. Back in 2012 I took my Fee in a plastic box, just fitting it like a glove, from Europe to Australia and back. Six different airliners, from a tiny ATR to the monstrous Airbus A380. The box fits safely to the overhead luggage bins. And the model survived without a smallest scratch. Good luck with yours!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Wolf

• The challenge is in the scale
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »
Absolute beautiful!

It`s a joy to look at the pictures.
A model thrives on its overall impression and not on that every little disagreement over the original is hyped up as a disaster

Offline Alan Roffey

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:41 PM »
Brilliant work Adrian. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Telford.  Please could you tell me how you attached the stand to the model. I fancy doing something similar, because I really love those Wings Cockpit figures.

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 12:32:44 PM »
Well, I am embarrassed to say that somehow I missed this build and I missed Adrian's entrance.....I'd have been happy to provide a drum roll...and well deserved it would be.

We have a real, professional model building artist in our midst, gang. Among other things, Adrian led the team that did the architectural model for the Freedom Tower which now stands proudly where the World Trade Center once stood.

His WWII builds are simply astounding, as is his post war work: he is the only person I have seen convincingly, and beautifully, replicate the look of stressed skin on a B-52. That's the sort of trick he has up his sleeves....so stand by for more fun.

Glad to have you aboard, Limey.

Cheers from Our Town,
Michael