Author Topic: New Book from Jack Herris  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Derrick

New Book from Jack Herris
« on: September 26, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
This one is called : German Monoplane Fighters of WWI: A Centennial Perspective on Great War Airplanes (Great War Aviation Centennial Series) (Volume 13) I had just ordered it  from Amazon in the States. Sadly I cannot get it from Amazon here in Canada

Offline drdave

Re: New Book from Jack Herris
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »
Ordered

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:18:29 PM »
I saw this on Facebook and thought it looked like a good book to purchase. Must put it on a high priority!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline drdave

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
Just reading it now.

Offline Derrick

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 11:46:26 PM »
That was quick! I still don't expect to see my copy for another 2 weeks.  :o

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 03:57:08 AM »
Were these books originally intended to be chapters in a proposed, but not published, massive tome on WWI German aircraft? They seem to be published in fairly rapid succession leading me to think the material has long since been written, gathered, edited, etc., and just waiting to be printed. Whatever the genesis, I think they are excellent value for the money and every one I have seen has fresh information about the subject(s) covered.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:14:57 AM by Rob Hart »

Offline Derrick

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 05:44:29 AM »
Or he has a team of monkeys working on them. Hoping he will start covering the other nations aircraft soon.

Offline chunks

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »
Great books, I've been getting most of the releases from both the current publisher (Aeronaut Books), but also from the previous publisher (Flying Machines Press).  All have been great!  It's been sad to see what Paladin has done with Flying Machines since they bought it, but it was great to see the same fine folks continue with Aeronaut.  I eagerly wait for every new release.

Currently have first pubs of:
  The Imperial Russian Air Service - FMP
  French Aircraft of the First World War - FMP
  The Belgian Air Service in the First World War - AB
  Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One - FMP
  All but the latest of the "A Centennial Perspective on Great War Airplanes" series - AB

Waiting for delivery of:
  German Monoplane Fighters of WWI - AB
  American Military Aircraft 1908–1919 - AB

I've been a lurker here for some time.  Just realized that this is my first post!!  I'd recently taken up modeling again, after stopping in grade school, since traveling has become more difficult for me.  Aviation history has always been a passion of mine, even with my current "Old Timer's Disease", somewhat joking on the square.  Books are my long term memory nowadays.  Forums, and the members like the ones here, like this have been invaluable to keep myself active in the subject.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:30:54 AM by chunks »

Offline Derrick

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 02:04:47 AM »
With the monoplane book, I will have all 13 volumes plus a few of the others by Aeronaut books, including the book on Jean Navarre. The book on Navarre and the early French pilots is quite nice and I hope they do more on the French pilots as there seems to be little in English about them. The book is the reason why I now have a Special Hobby Morane on the way.