Author Topic: Photos of Pup onboard HMS Furious & HMS Repulse needed......  (Read 1083 times)

Michael Scarborough

Photos of Pup onboard HMS Furious & HMS Repulse needed......
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:12:16 AM »
Greetings, all,

(It seems I posted this query in the wrong spot.....still learning my way around. If I'm still not in the right place will someone please direct me.)

My current build is the WnW Pup that was on HMS Repulse/HMS Furious as seen as example F in the kit instructions. There are two photos in the kit instructions but none among the higher res photos on the WnW website.

Does anyone have a source for any other photos similar to those showing the plane on the ship in the instructions? I'm looking for shots that show more of the specific sort of weathering that would be seen on a fabric covered ship board aircraft. I'm also considering, at some point, of doing a diorama of the Pup on its wooden launching platform and would love to find more detailed photos and drawings of it.  I am anxious to get both as right as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline RAGIII

Re: Photos of Pup onboard HMS Furious & HMS Repulse needed......
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »
Michael,
I will look around as I know I have seen photos somewhere. Just can't remember if on line or in one of my books. Old age and all affecting the memory  ::) I know I recently saw a good video of a Strutter taking off from the turret platform and will try to think if I can remember where that was also as it may be of some help weathering wise.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:17 AM »
That would be fine to see!

Thanks!

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:36 AM »
Hmmm your original Q was moved here, I posted a few pics, maybe of use?

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=4117.0