Author Topic: IPMS Western Canadian Regional Model Contest - Edmonton Alberta 02 June  (Read 2179 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
I've decided to make the journey to Edmonton for this show and hope to take along at least one entry, new experience for me. If by chance anyone else on this Forum is planning on attending send me a PM, I'll buy the first "brew", would like to touch base and share "war stories". Should be a big event as it apparently covers Western Canada, big numbers forecast and presentations by Hyperscale's Brett Green and Spencer Pollard from Military in Scale amongst others.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
  Lance,
Best of luck in Edmonton my old friend. If you get a chance say hello to Brett Green. I was lucky enough to meet him last year at the Squadronfest in Dallas. He a heck of a nice guy too.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
hmmmm do I pull strings this weekend?......hmmmmmm

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
hmmmm do I pull strings this weekend?......hmmmmmm

Steve

Not often an old (but great) fighter pilot buys the beer, but I "would if I could"!
Now wouldn't that be grand!?!?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

Models...beer....the plot thickens...

Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Models...beer....the plot thickens...

Steve

Hey Steve! Would that you could........do you have any outstanding favours with "Scare Canada" or any other provider? I'll be on the road in less then 36 hours, got to fit in a long visit to at least 2 of the LHS's and spend an hour or so at Lee Valley Tools. (These places are normally not too high on the priority list when SWMBO is along......if you follow) on Friday leaving all day Sat. for the Show.
At any rate, in the likely event that you're not there I'll look after your beers, spend enough for both of us in the Swap and Vendors Gallery, and enjoy the models on display "for two".
Report to follow on return.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

Well the flying would have been no prob but trading off my shifts was a complete failure. Best of luck at the show raise a couple or 9 for me and give us a report

Steve

Offline Chris Johnson

Hmmm . . . tough to decide where to spend more time; LHS or Lee Valley. Okay, impossible to decide! Have fun and spend lots of money. Knowing that I can't be there, it'll make me happy to hear that you over-spent!  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Thanks Guys!
   I spent the morning packing the two I intend to enter; hope the containers preserve them. I'll definitely file a report on return including what sort of stuff was available, taking the camera as well. As for the "wobbly pops" I promise to behave, but in case I don't I've got stick-on  Chris Johnson and Pepperman 42 Name Tags to put on.
   Should be a real eye opener for this country boy.............
Cheers,
Lance 8)