Author Topic: 1:32 Roden Nieuport 28C-1 Lt. Quentin Roosevelt  (Read 3112 times)

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
1:32 Roden Nieuport 28C-1 Lt. Quentin Roosevelt
« on: September 03, 2014, 03:27:01 AM »
    Here she is in all her glory after a long, and at times frustrating Build. Not the best quality kit I've ever built but I must admit a very pretty addition to the Collection once finished. A complete Build Log is contained in the Under Construction section.
    The Model represents Nieuport 28C-1 N.6177 of the AEF's 95th Aero Squadron at Gengoult, France, in July of 1918. Lt. Roosevelt was killed in combat in the aircraft on 14 July 1918 crashing near the village of Chamery where he was buried by German Troops with full Military Honours.

That's probably as many or more photos then most can stand! Now I'm looking forward to relaxing with a Wingnut Wings D.VII for the Group Build!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: 1:32 Roden Nieuport 28C-1 Lt. Quentin Roosevelt
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 03:33:51 AM »
She's absolutely stunning, Lance!  From your rigging to the painting and weathering, everything about her is superb.  Many congrats, buddy!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 03:36:11 AM »
Lance,
 Well done! She looks lovely from where I'm sitting  ;)

BVB

P.S.  :)  Goodies  on their way to you!

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 04:05:32 AM »
I agree with everything the others have written. A truly stunning  build and although it may not have been easy, it does not show on the completed model. Very many congratulations on a real winner.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 04:36:44 AM »
Thumbs up Lance :)

Offline Kreston

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 05:01:56 AM »
Great looking Nieuport!
I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments...James McCudden

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 05:35:33 AM »
Ah, ha! Just as I suspected. She's a corker Lance! The first thing that jumped out at me is the oh, so subtle wear and tear on the cowl. You did a superb job at that my friend. The second is the oil staining on the underside. It looks extremely realistic. The rigging, and especially the wrapped rigging looks perfect. Add all of that to an eye catching paint scheme and you have an exceptional Nieuport to add to your collection. Make sure to take it to Edmonton as I think you'll be pleased with the interest it will garner. Well done!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 05:42:13 AM »
Outstanding  Lance! A great model of a beautiful aircraft.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »
...     ...    ... The first thing that jumped out at me is the oh, so subtle wear and tear on the cowl. You did a superb job at that my friend. The second is the oil staining on the underside. It looks extremely realistic. The rigging, and especially the wrapped rigging looks perfect. Add all of that to an eye catching paint scheme and you have an exceptional Nieuport to add to your collection. ...Cheers,

Chris

Could not say it better !! very Nice !!!

ED

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 06:40:42 AM »
fantastic - really great and kudos for the completion of the build!
-Patrick

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 07:54:15 AM »
Congratulations Lance, through all the trials and tribulations you still managed to produce a show stopping model. The overall finish is superb and the rigging is absolutely amazing, well done and thank you for displaying to us your incredible talents.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 07:58:20 AM »
It may be not the best kit but your result is absolutely spectacular! I like the shading and rigging most. Congratulations and thanks for sharing this beauty, Lance.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »
 A STUNNING build from the start to the finish! weathering is just right, rigging is superb(especially the wrapped double wires), and the over all scheme is fantastic! Can't say enough!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
   Thank you all so very much for the incredibly positive and complimentary feedback, I feel very vindicated; as we all have said so many times it takes the perspective of others to see the real quality of our work which we so easily self critique. I am touched by Richard's words concerning a "fitting tribute to the brave boy". Quentin Roosevelt did not shoot down dozens of the enemy however he fought hard to get to the Front and fought hard once there, a place his "status" and place in American Society directed he didn't have to be. Like so many of that age and generation he answered a higher call.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:16 AM »
That is a stellar model Lance!  I hope mine turns out as well when I get to it.  Your overall finish is very convincing and attractive, and your solution to the double wire wrapping is just outstanding. Thanks for showing us the way! :D

Cheers and huzzas,

Bob