Author Topic: Search Marks for Fokker; I need yours help !  (Read 770 times)

Offline TheBlackat

Search Marks for Fokker; I need yours help !
« on: August 17, 2014, 08:26:57 PM »
Hello to you all,

Imagine a Fokker D VII (Alb) to be urgently asked (with a few bullets in the "stomach", or technical problems) in a "no man's land" somewhere .....
Fighter Pilot unscathed, with the only help, a German soldier, who will cover and help him out of this hell of mess ........

Of course, this little scenario is not that of a film, but of a  small Diorama, I'm about to start; For now, inside the Fokker progressing well;
But I am having a big question mark, about markings (or the pilot), Jasta ....?
I do a lot of research, with a few good books, and, of course, the great bank Fotos gallery archive of WNW, Windsock data, net site .... I do not yet acquired the Osprey 2 Aces Fokker, I have some ideas by looking at the three volumes of Fokker DVII Anthology (Albatrosproduction), I thought the board planche decals WNW 30007, 5278/18, "Hertha" Jasta 27, but I doubt very much ...

I want to "stick" the most historically accurate, and I would like for my little Dio , a Fokker with a "Cold" camouflage paint, dark enough ...
And don't make mistake with The Aces !

I need your lights and your help, thank you very much in advance

Didier "The Blackat

Offline davecww1

Re: Search Marks for Fokker; I need yours help !
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:54:20 AM »
Didier,
Sounds like a good idea but it may be hard to find an actual ace to model in this manner, don't forget that by the time of the D.VII the Germans were using parachutes, so in most cases if they had a choice of bailing out or doing a belly landing in no man's land I think they would have hit the silk, as did many aces including Udet.  Even though some aces such as Lowenheart were killed when parachuting, it seems to be a safer method than landing in the barbed wire and shell holes of no man's land.  I have seen a couple of photos of D.VII's that landed behind Allied lines that flipped over when landing and remained upside down, so it was not an easy thing to land safely in the field.  Unless you are able to find a written description of such a landing, I would use artistic licence and perhaps use nice markings that are not attributed to a certain pilot. 
Just my idea,
Dave