Author Topic: 1/48 Halberstadt  (Read 1273 times)

Offline robvd

1/48 Halberstadt
« on: August 16, 2014, 03:53:46 AM »
i am in the opputunity to purchase a 1/48 Halberstadt CL-IV from Karya in 1/48 scale.
Can anyone tell me what the quality of this kit is.

Thank you in advance

Rob

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: 1/48 Halberstadt
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 04:04:14 AM »
It's a very good kit, Rob.  Not as detailed as the Mirage kit, but in some ways better.  I started a dual build using both kits over a year ago, but set them aside when something else caught my attention.  Here's a link showing how the 2 kits compare.
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=1656.0
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline NP

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »
What Bud said re: the Karaya, you won't be disappointed with it.  Bud made his Mirage turn out more like Wingnut 1/32 quality, though.

Offline robvd

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 02:43:47 AM »
Thank you all,

Today I finaly received my Halberstadt from Karaya and I am pleasanty surprised of the contents in the kit especialy the resin parts are a surprise for me. i only need to find good Logenze decals.Somehow I find out wich are the best for this model.
I must admit that the collection starts to grow rapidly Since teh FE-2 from WNW a few weeks ago my stash is rather expanded it stands now at 12 Even my wife loves the ww1 aircraft and bought me a 1/48 Gotha g-v from AZ models I hope to receive it this week  this one will keep me occupie for a great while I think.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 11:13:42 AM »
wow 12 model kits. i i have 12 shelves of model kits. it is very easy to let it get out of control. you come across a deal. then you see a guy selling off stash, then you see a rare kit you have wanted for a long time.just when you decide you had better do the right thing and stop buying wnw puts out a new one. i really am unsure of how many kits i have now my guess is 500 with 90%ww1 aircraft. its actually kinda insane. i just hate to sell one cuz then what if i want it later. i decided its an investment. if i hold on to them for some years then decide to sell they will be worth more. my little nest egg.

Offline robvd

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »
If one count my ww2 collection then it also reach the 500 or so mark  recently I have been bitten by the WW1 bug and just like you mentioned about good deals  etc I totaly agree with you I am also in the Lucky postion that my wife totaly supports me with this hobby eenthough sometimes she asks when I bring a new one home, another one ? Then she says ah well at least it is a good loft insulator

:)