Author Topic: I'm kind of excited.  (Read 868 times)

Offline nmroberto

I'm kind of excited.
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:29:16 AM »
I just ordered my first ever WNW model. It's the Fokker D. VII F.  Now I'm going to go crazy waiting for it to get here. I have a feeling it takes a while to ship from NZ  to New Mexico. 

Guess I can do research and decide which one I'm going to build and maybe order some after market stuff. 

Is it here yet?????
Robert

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: I'm kind of excited.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
Congrats! Will you join the Group Build?

I expect you'll get it in about 7 days from when you get the ship notice. You can track the shipment with the number they give you; once it gets to the US you can track the package with further detail using the USPS online tracking tools.

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:02 PM »
I don't know about joining the group build.  I'm not that happy with my skill level yet, and there are so many brilliant modelers on the forum I'd be a little embarrased to submit a sub par model.
Robert

Offline Vickers

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
I'll take that walk with you, Roberto! That is, if you're willing to channel your excitement onto the bench. Certainly, group builds are voluntary and the forum would probably be happy to see you build whatever you like whenever you want. Group builds are not so much about rocking the house, but rather participation and the pure enjoyment of building a type shoulder-to-shoulder with others. I've found they are a great vehicle for learning a lot along the way, since you will get to see what others are doing and why they make certain choices or favor one technique over another. Also, please consider the idea that no matter how many techniques you pick up and master your builds will always be your builds and will bear the mark of your hand. At least in my case, I don't think anyone is ever going to look at one of my models and ask whether it was built by "world-renowned modeler (insert name here)" and I'm okay with that.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."