Author Topic: While we're sharing our old builds...  (Read 4753 times)

Offline xmald

Re: While we're sharing our old builds...
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 06:21:15 AM »
Oh man...an absolutely gorgeus collection. I won`t be able to sleep tonight. What is the name of this monoplane it looks like Fokker but I have never seen it? You`re my idol!
Best regards
Filip

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:43 AM »
  Filip,
I'd hazard a guess she's a Fokker V23 Developmental prototype. The wings are much the same construction as the later V26 which became the Fokker EV and later the D.VIII. Fokker had some very forward thinking Prototype indeed.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline IanB

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 12:00:18 PM »
Gorgeous collection Brad!
 I plan on building an Albatros D.Va in Walter Boening's colours (in 1:72) and have the Printscale Bavarian decals to help....do you have any tips on making these fit the curves of the rear fuselage? The decal sheet shows the wing surfaces in lozenge, not lilac/green - is your aircraft a similar but different one?

Ian

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 06:51:51 PM »
Hi Xmald - Gregory is right, it's a Fokker V23.  The fuselage was made from a modified spare Eduard Fokker D.VII fuselage and Roden engine bay, and the wings were (I think) from a resin Omega(?) kit of the same aircraft. 

Ian - having hand-painted the diamonds on my D.V (and admittedly, the pattern I went with is not quite right), I don't really have any tips on the application of those decals. Good luck with them, they will no doubt be a challenge :)  The aircraft in question had green and lilac wings.  There are pictures of this aircraft in one of the Osprey Albatros Aces book (can't remember which volume as I am on the road at the moment and don't have them with me) and it clearly shows the aircraft with painted wings, not lozenge. I think the misconception on this aircraft having lozenge wings comes from some incorrect profiles released by one artist a little while back.  Make sure you post pics here on the site, she sure will look nice in 1:72!

Thanks!

BC
Owner and Administrator
forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2012, 10:32:57 AM »
Hi, Brad,

Man, I can be really late on occasion! Glad to see you here, and belated congratulations on some excellent builds. Regardless of what your profile says, you are anything but a Newbie" to this hobby!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »
Missed this before -- phenomenal collection, and some really interesting subjects too.

Offline Giordano

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 04:11:14 AM »
All work on an excellent level, congratulations.

:)