Author Topic: It's time for August's ignorant question.  (Read 853 times)

Offline nmroberto

It's time for August's ignorant question.
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »
On a Fokker Dr I right behind the engine cowling there are two pipes/tubing? sticking out of the fuselage.

What are they? 

Robert

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: It's time for August's ignorant question.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 01:04:34 PM »
Not so ignorant, Robert.  Those are carburetor intakes.  You'll see these on most, if not all, rotary engine ships.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 10:48:48 PM »
Thanks, that helps get rid of one mystery for me.
Robert

Offline Vickers

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 02:11:44 AM »
Questions like yours are one of the main reasons for having a forum such as this one, Roberto.  You should see some of the Q's I ask here... even if I think I have the information I need in a reference, having information often generates more questions. Given the pace of innovation and field modification during wartime, even when you have manufacturer and museum information sitting on your bench there may be many things to verify before digging into a kit. Plus, reviewing the threads for Q & A between other members frequently provides me with answers to questions I didn't even know I'd have.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."