Author Topic: A-H Sworl fabric application question.  (Read 1762 times)

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
A-H Sworl fabric application question.
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »
Does anyone have any examples on how the A-H sworl fabric was glued to the fuselage on a DIII?  I've got the Eduard model, received two sheets of the sworl decals today and have the Blue Rider decals so I'm ready to go but I'm stumped on how they laid down the sheets of fabric over the curved parts of the wood fuselage; I'm assuming the fabric was cut along the top and bottom and the seams pressed together.   
Thanks - Charlie
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: A-H Sworl fabric application question.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 01:30:17 AM »
Does anyone have any examples on how the A-H sworl fabric was glued to the fuselage on a DIII?  I've got the Eduard model, received two sheets of the sworl decals today and have the Blue Rider decals so I'm ready to go but I'm stumped on how they laid down the sheets of fabric over the curved parts of the wood fuselage; I'm assuming the fabric was cut along the top and bottom and the seams pressed together.   
Thanks - Charlie

Charlie,
    Go to the Aeroscale Site, Early Aviation Forum.  Search "Sworl Camoflage" and you'll find a number of titles/links with everything you'll need. Stephen Lawson (the Moderator and a really knowlegeble guy) has done a number of reviews on the topic and the products available. You might even consider joining the Forum; many of us here are members and it's a great combination with this site. Stephen (also a member here) is very helpful with specific questions as well, he's certainly helped me a lot in the past.
   Hope this helps you. (hope you don't mind the "referal", Stephen)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
Re: A-H Sworl fabric application question.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »
Lance - thanks for the help, I looked through the JaPo book on the AH Albatros DII-DIII and it's been helpful as well.  I'm going to finish my Eduard model as 253.05 with sworl fabric on the wings, fin and and horizonal tail surfaces.  The fuselage only received an application of green paint.   

Charlie
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo