Author Topic: A Huge Thank You To Des And Everyone Here  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Modelnut

A Huge Thank You To Des And Everyone Here
« on: May 25, 2012, 08:39:08 AM »
I  just want to take a moment and say a hearty thank you to Des and everyone else here for introducing me to a new modelling experience. Since age 10 I have been modelling {haven't mastered it yet in 37 years of trying} I have built everything. Ships WW2 planes ,cars, sci-fi ships, and even a biplane oh so long ago.

The challenge of rigging and getting two wings staight has turned into a great escape from an extremely stressfull job. 

I look forward to the time at the workbench and forum learning from everyone here after a hard day.   

After an especially rough day today I plan to be at my workbench a little while tonight.

This is a wonderful hobby honoring the men who flew, built, and maintained these marvels of a new technology almost 100 years ago.

I'm glad to be part of it among so many fine people.

Thanks, Stan.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: A Huge Thank You To Des And Everyone Here
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:50:51 AM »
Hello Stan and thank you for your very kind comments. My aim in starting this forum was to create a place where like minded modelers can get together and enjoy the wonderful hobby of building and discussing WW1 model aircraft, a place to show off their work and a place to meet old friends and make new friends. I hope to see this forum grow into a unique site, one where any WW1 model aircraft builder from beginner to experienced can learn and discover the beauty of these incredible aircraft.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Flyjunkie

• wherever You go, there You are...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »
I agree 100% with you Stan..

I am new to WW I aeroplane models, this forum and the wonderful folks here are extremely helpful and kind to a newbie like myself..
I learn something new most every time I come here..!!

Well said Stan, well said indeed... ;)
"..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride.." ~~ Hunter S. Thompson

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 12:00:21 AM »
Stan said it all very well.............. I'm not new to the hobby but I never fail to learn something with every log in, folks who share and are helpful are what our group is all about; Thanks for bringing it together Des.
Cheers,
Lance :)

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 10:28:59 PM »
Well said.

I just feel my modelling improving from this forum.
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »
It's nice to have a site dedicated to such an interesting period, and the amount of help and advice here is wonderful. I'm looking forward to getting a bit more active as I progress with my efforts.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 12:23:33 AM »
I wish that I'd had this type of resource when I started, but that was back in the 1950's. The hobby in general was just starting up and resources and aftermarket items were scarce, if not non-existent.  I'm no expert in the hobby. "Comfortably competent" might be my description: Des has no fear of me overtaking him in the skills and talent departments! But if I can help some of the younger members to progress faster than I did back then, then I'll do it happily. And I'm glad to be part of this keen, enthusiastic and very friendly group.

OK, homily ends. Back to the Oberursel!  ;D

Cheers!
Gary
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 02:52:11 AM »
I've never met a friendlier bunch than WWI aircraft modellers so I'm extremely happy that I made the jump to building rigged planes. As I type this, I'm sitting out on the deck on a beautiful day, wiling away a couple of hours but still learning a little bit more from you all.

. . . But if I can help some of the younger members to progress faster than I did back then, then I'll do it happily.

That would be me Gary! I'm still just a pup.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »
I've never met a friendlier bunch than WWI aircraft modellers so I'm extremely happy that I made the jump to building rigged planes. As I type this, I'm sitting out on the deck on a beautiful day, wiling away a couple of hours but still learning a little bit more from you all.

. . . But if I can help some of the younger members to progress faster than I did back then, then I'll do it happily.

That would be me Gary! I'm still just a pup.  ;D

Cheers,

Ummm...would you be an RNAS or RFC version...! (Now, you knew that that was coming, didn't you??)   ;D  ;D

Chris
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."