Author Topic: Check out this guy's 1/32 Scratchbuilds!  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

Re: Check out this guy's 1/32 Scratchbuilds!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:21:31 AM »
Man, that Lohner T is exquisite. Thanks for posting the link.

Cheers,

C\hris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 03:44:25 AM »
Kevin is an old friend and local boy here in Northern California.  He was a regular contributor on the 'drome and wwimodels.org.  He is a brilliant artist and I admire his work greatly.  Sadly, he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few years back and has slowed down quite a bit.  I haven't heard from him in quite a while and was beginning to worry about him, but it seems that this article was just updated, so that's good news.  I'll try to get in touch with him and encourage him to join up here.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 10:31:50 AM »
Thanks very much for posting the link, they are beautiful scratch built models showing enormous skills by Kevin.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
Wow,! There's real skill on show there. Thanks for the link.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
That is fantastic work. Such talent! Thanks for
posting.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 04:18:54 PM »
thats kevin aka modelguy he lives in california and is a personal friend. yes his stuff is amazing. he is a member here and posted a bunch of builds a while back.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 02:14:30 AM »
thats kevin aka modelguy he lives in california and is a personal friend. yes his stuff is amazing. he is a member here and posted a bunch of builds a while back.
Yeah, Scott, good memories.  Kevin, Des, Rowan, you, me and a few others were in the first round of 'drome exiles.  I reckon our tolerance for trolls was far too low.  I'm so glad that Des created this great home for us.  I just hope we hear from Kevin again.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
I remember Kevin's Builds . His last one on the Drome was the Lohner T . Still jaw dropping !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 10:32:27 AM »
yeah bud, great memories. the drome used to be a great place. cept des used to be beeza,lol. i am also glad that des was able to create this new site for us which is better than all the others out there for this genre. all the top modellers ,writers and artists are here. hell we had ray rimell as featured modeller month before last. without him we would be all building oob aurora and revell stuff. he has made it possible for us to have accurate kits with his documentation, obviously his writers are also the reason but he is the guy that put them all together in one place and 40 years ago was scratching stuff like his amazing lvg.i'm addicted.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »

Man, that Lohner T is exquisite...

Absolutely!!
Quite a stunning piece of work.

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 07:16:33 AM »
Incredible work. They are so realistic and to think that they are scratch built! He is a man with incredible skill and talent.

Offline Culi

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 10:40:21 PM »
Perfect works!
The process meters...  therefore so much models are stuck between start and finish