Author Topic: What do you need from TaurusModels?  (Read 58737 times)

Offline petrov27

Re: What do you need from TaurusModels?
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 10:40:49 PM »
In 1/32 I prefer 3-dimensional control horns vs photoetch but that is just me....
-Patrick

Offline FOKKERJ

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2014, 01:13:22 AM »
In 1/32 I prefer 3-dimensional control horns vs photoetch but that is just me....

I agree with Petrov27!  8)

3-D is Nice!  :)
Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer. :)

Offline petrov27

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2014, 06:09:08 AM »
I must have missed something - why aren't people using the kit ones?

Personally I just thought it would good to have extras (for when you lose them or screw up drilling them out to take a wire) or to use on kits where those provided arent so good (or are broken etc)

I noted above they were on the list to be done so was just making a suggestion to do Fokker style first...
-Patrick

Offline jknaus

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2014, 07:26:03 AM »
When I made the suggestion I stated it would be nice to have some pre drilled or dimpled. My reasoning is it would be easier for those of us with fat fingers or who have health issues that inhibit our modeling. Personally the horn is so small I can not drill it without mangling it thereby losing the horn. I currently glue the ez line to the horn and while it worksw it just does not look right. It was just a thought.
James

mike in calif

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2014, 07:55:40 AM »
How about some oil and gas cans, or tins?

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »
Lukasz, how about the fuel control valve complex for german inline engines -- Albatros D.V and Fok D.VII(alb) and Fok D.VII(OAW) for sure, maybe fits others:

Offline Vickers

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
Thanks for producing valves & lifters for the BMW IIIa! I'll be ordering a set of those soon for the kit I'm about to get started on. Regarding your spark plugs, I have a few sets and have used one on a WNW Albatros. They're beautiful, but I wonder if you could put some general guidelines on your product page to help the buyer determine which style are most likely appropriate for a given power plant? I have a tough time deciding which ones to use on my builds.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »
And, I can only drill very small holes in tiny parts if I make my own dimple with a fat needle chucked into an old hobby knife handle.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline FOKKERJ

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »
And, I can only drill very small holes in tiny parts if I make my own dimple with a fat needle chucked into an old hobby knife handle.

I was just thinking of this today. A good way to start a small drill without having it wander all over or break. Like using a Center Drill or "Centering Drill.  8)
Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer. :)

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2014, 08:41:47 PM »
I wonder if you could put some general guidelines on your product page to help the buyer determine which style are most likely appropriate for a given power plant? I have a tough time deciding which ones to use on my builds.

Yes, I know about this...
I need to take some care to my website.... I still postpone it. I still haven't enough time. But it's necessary - it's a shame to have such webside.
So...I HEREBY PROMISE:
- finish detailed instructions,
- prepare guide for using of spark plugs (the more at least three new spark plugs will be released in nearest time :))
- put more detailed pictures of product
- put more documentation for each product

I think it will be slowly upgraded and finish up to the and of August.

Best regards, Lukasz

Offline Vickers

« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »
Hello Lukasz,

Thanks! I have no problem with your website, sometimes I just have trouble figuring out which spark plugs I should use!  ;)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »
I have no trouble navigating your website Lukasz, but a guide directing modelers to the correct spark plugs for the appropriate engine would be very useful, would take a bit of confusion out of making a decision.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »
Well, I had some difficulty deciding which spark plugs to buy, but no doubt advice will appear on the website and in the interim I found Lukasz only willing to help me out.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Vickers

« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »
Well, I've been through my Datafiles, Squad Sigs, and Kagero books and I honestly can't tell which plugs I'm seeing half the time and the other half of the time it seems like several types were interchangeable between several engine models. The only ones that appear to be a clear choice are the plugs on the Oberursel series. Maybe this one is in the same category as lozenge tape colors and Vickers cocking levers. Oi vey!  ???

Offline davecww1

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 09:52:15 AM »
Sorry to hear you are abandoning the 1/48 scale items that you first started with, I know that I for one ordered several of them from you and several more from Jadar, but it seems that with the popularity of WNW kits the last few years we have seen very little in new kits and details in 1/48. I guess the aftermarket builders are going where the most profit is and that is a good business model, I just wish you would do some more 1/48 scale items along with the multitude of new 1/32 scale sets as I think there is still a core of 1/48 scale builders who either cannot afford a large collection of WNW kits or else do not have the room to display the finished models.
Thanks
Dave
Thanks a lot for all of You. Most of Your propositions will be done.
Propellers bosses - I like it!

In the case of new DrI from WNWs first will be Oberursel UrII and Bentley for Voss FI.

Concerning to 48 scale... It is difficult for me to do upgrates for both (32 and 48) scales. I've a lot of pre-prepared parts for engines (wingnuts, connectors and so one), working in one scale is much faster and effective. I started from 48 and nobody was buying my engines, so I changed scale. By the way I fallen in love in WNW's models :)

Currently I'm FIGHTING with wingnuts for Fokker DVII - its chorrible small... But almost ready :)

Meanwhile I've prepared muzzle for LMG08/15

Thank You once again, Lukasz