Author Topic: What do you need from TaurusModels?  (Read 58329 times)

Offline davecww1

Re: What do you need from TaurusModels?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2014, 10:40:26 AM »
I agree with Martin and Bud we need more 1/48 stuff.  I am not into the 1/32 scale stuff since I do not have the room for a large collection in this scale, but would really like a 1/48 scale Oberursel UR.III as I wish to build a 1/48 scale Fokker E.IV and D.III as flown by Boelcke.

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
Re: Turnbuckles
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:48 PM »
That turnbuckles are the most requested should say something. Competition with Gaspatch is just part of doing business I think. Healthy. For modelers on a budget, buying turnbuckles at near half the kit price is not feasible.

I would say that resin turnbuckles combined with EZ Line would not be prone to breaking. And, small resin parts being less expensive to produce should mean that many could be made and sold reasonably to include plenty of spares.

I don't see major technical or economic problems in producing turnbuckles.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: Turnbuckles
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »

I don't see major technical or economic problems in producing turnbuckles.

If you see no technical or economic reasons for turnbuckles, why not do it yourself and offer them up to the masses at a reduced rate?

I actually admire Lukasz decision not to produce them. He clearly understands that not everything in business must mean  cut throat or nail your competitor to the wall. Thank the lord!

Goodluck to Gaspatch and to Taurus.

Why would Bob from Bob's Buckles wish his competitors well? Because I'm a modeller first and foremost. If my eyelets and cut tube help fellow modellers, then that brings me much happiness. If the day comes when modellers don't want eyelets and cut tube, so be it. I have given good service, the best price possible for a handmade product and a whole lot of pride in seeing my wee bits installed on models all over the world.  I'm a happy bunny  :)

The 3D printer will soon be as common as the print printer. When that day comes the whole industry will change and small players like me will be swallowed up and resigned to history.  That's life  ;)

I'll get off my soapbox now.
Cheers,
Bob Von Taurus-Fanboy

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »
Well said VB. :)

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
Good post, VonBob. :)

Lukasz I also would like to see the propeller bosses in 1/32 scale.
Thank you for your interest in our wants.  Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2014, 01:55:32 AM »
Good on you, Bobby!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2014, 03:27:19 AM »
Let me note that I did not post to insult anyone or start an argument, nor am I advocating cutting throats or nailing anyone to a wall. I think competition is healthy, that is all. I am sorry you took it that way.

I am not interested in starting a resin casting business. I was merely noting that doing so would not be technically complicated or prohibitively expensive and that I believe reasonably priced scale turnbuckles would be a very welcome addition to WWI modeling for those of us who can't afford the Gaspatch ones, which are very nice indeed.

As one new to this forum I do not want to be perceived as argumentative or unreasonable. I was stating my opinion, not intending to insult anyone or their business. Hopefully, this is a place where differences of opinion are tolerated and discussed maturely, not like another forum I now rarely visit.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2014, 04:53:40 AM »
Let me note that I did not post to insult anyone or start an argument, nor am I advocating cutting throats or nailing anyone to a wall. I think competition is healthy, that is all. I am sorry you took it that way.

I am not interested in starting a resin casting business. I was merely noting that doing so would not be technically complicated or prohibitively expensive and that I believe reasonably priced scale turnbuckles would be a very welcome addition to WWI modeling for those of us who can't afford the Gaspatch ones, which are very nice indeed.

As one new to this forum I do not want to be perceived as argumentative or unreasonable. I was stating my opinion, not intending to insult anyone or their business. Hopefully, this is a place where differences of opinion are tolerated and discussed maturely, not like another forum I now rarely visit.

My apologies. I never meant any harm from my post. You are most welcome to make your views known and they are respected.
If someone wants to make resin turnbuckles, then I'm sure they will join the market place as more and more WNW come on stream.

The long and short of it: I respect Lukasz decision not to run with turnbuckles. If someone else fancies a pop at making them, then more power to them.

Cheers,
Bob

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2014, 06:14:43 AM »
Thanks a lot for all of You. Most of Your propositions will be done.
Propellers bosses - I like it!

In the case of new DrI from WNWs first will be Oberursel UrII and Bentley for Voss FI.

Concerning to 48 scale... It is difficult for me to do upgrates for both (32 and 48) scales. I've a lot of pre-prepared parts for engines (wingnuts, connectors and so one), working in one scale is much faster and effective. I started from 48 and nobody was buying my engines, so I changed scale. By the way I fallen in love in WNW's models :)

Currently I'm FIGHTING with wingnuts for Fokker DVII - its chorrible small... But almost ready :)

Meanwhile I've prepared muzzle for LMG08/15

Thank You once again, Lukasz

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2014, 08:45:30 AM »
Nice work Lucasz  ;) The Oberursel would grace a Roden kit too no doubt. Theres a few it could slip nicely under the cowl of as could the Bentley.

Mind you at the hands of someone like Bertl they become models on their own. I love what you are doing.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59:57 AM »
Incredible detail Lucasz, congratulations on producing such wonderful products.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
The muzzles look amazing, Lucasz!  Great work!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 07:24:54 PM »
Superb workmanship, Lucasz  ;)
Cheers!

VB

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline jknaus

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2014, 10:23:37 AM »
Those muzzles look awesome. Ordered some and an engine today. Cant wait.
James

Offline FOKKERJ

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
Not trying to take away from this Great Thread here or stir anything up, BUT, Did not Bob von Bucklemeister create an Online Tutorial on "How To Make Turnbuckles"? That was to share his expertise of his craft with us mere mortals wishing to make our own turnbuckles for personal satisfaction and or economic reasons. Just Curious as I would like to see it again.... Preferably on Our "How To" Forum Here.

Cheers, Jay
Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer. :)