Author Topic: Flashbacks W-29  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Flashbacks W-29
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
This was one of those builds which fought back a bit with fit issue and a few corrections made . Under side of the fuselage was skinned with 20 thou card tapering out at the rudder . 2mm had to be sanding and carved away where the tail plane meets the fuselage for a good fit . the covers in this area I made out of 5 thou card which turned out rather well , but not perfect . The gunners pit was flared in with putty sanded and re-peated . The rad fit to the cowl also need mods done with the under side skinned and shims were added . I didn't add much detail to the cock pit other the control lines . Only the top side of the engine was detailed with valve springs , piping and spark plugs and leads . The wings had major sanding down to get them to scale thickiness and even then I could have sanded a bit more but I was getting tired of this . I ended up making all new struts , kit ones are to short . Makings are from the kit .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Flashbacks W-29
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 12:45:25 PM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:17 PM »

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 07:41:10 PM »
Sounds like you had a bit of a battle with this one, Terri, but you
succeeded with a great model.  Well done!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »
Another one of you beautiful builds, T!  I love all the work you did accurizing a pretty rough kit.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 02:01:54 AM »
I think Bud and Ernie hit the nail on the head with their positive comments, Terri. Well done! This must have been one of those models which aged you years in the process of completion. My ham-fisted efforts at a Roden SE5a seemed to turn my hair white overnight.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:24 AM »
I wholly agree with the comments above - you have turned a sow's ear into a silk purse and demonstrated real modelling skills in the process. Excellent model and finish. More please.

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 03:52:08 AM »
Well done, Terri - looks terrific.

I bet you ended up with stronger arms once you finished sanding those wings ............... ;D

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 07:02:01 AM »
Terri,
   First time I've seen this one, and She's a beauty! Often taming a bad Kit is more satisfying then a perfectly done decent Kit. You certainly conquered this one.......nice work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
Yeah there was a bit of fight with this one but I figured if I kept using colourful language it would follow suit and cave in . Even if I did gain a few gray hairs in the process  :-X

Thanks guy's for the positive comments  ;D

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
Another one of you beautiful builds, T!  I love all the work you did accurizing a pretty rough kit.
Cheers,
Bud

Dittos to my Amigo. Really well done Terri!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 02:52:09 AM »
Thanks Rick  ;D

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 03:33:28 AM »
Cheers,
Bud

Dittos to my Amigo. Really well done Terri!
RAGIII

Dittos , you now have the trifecta from the 3 Amigos.
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.