Author Topic: FS: 1/48 WW I Vac kits  (Read 465 times)

Offline Charger

FS: 1/48 WW I Vac kits
« on: June 13, 2014, 06:35:15 AM »
1/48 WW I Vac kits for sale.

I experienced a Christmas Day flood years ago in Zambia, and all my WW I stuff took the brunt of it. All of the paper stuff (boxes, instructions, and decals) took the hit and unless specifically mentioned, most of the decals are a write-off. I believe that Bill Koster might be able to supply the decals for his kits. Other than that, the kits are complete and very build-able as far as I can see and some include free African mud.

I have a hard time knowing what these things are worth, so make a reasonable offer via email (in US$ please) and I'll post post what is going on in about a week.

Happy bidding.

Aeroclub Sopwith Pup: Decals are shot.

Koster Fokker EV / D.VIII: decals may or may not be useable. 5 advertised injection-molded parts are not to be found and I think they were for the cockpit interior.

Koster Siemans-D-III: This kit has not suffered damage and seems complete.

Koster Hannover CL II/IIIa: This kit has no damage is and is more than complete, sporting an extra decal sheet. It has markings for six aircraft. I've scanned the lozenge decals for possible use on my WNW kit. This may be the most elaborate of Koster's  WW I kits.

Koster Sopwith Triplane: Decals have adhered to the instructions making the instructions less than completely legible. Everything else is present.

Lone Star Pfalz E-1/ Junker D.I: No damage at all and an unexpected, apparently complete Ju D.I in the box! The Pfalz has a resin body.

Lone Star Hanza-Brandenberg C-C Floatplane: No damage at all and apparently no decals were ever in the kit. There is a resin body.

Happy Bidding,

Val Mahan
[email protected]