Author Topic: Greetings from Akron, Ohio!  (Read 2926 times)

Offline eclarson

Greetings from Akron, Ohio!
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:50:09 AM »
Hi All,

Eric checking in!   I can't imagine a better place for a dedicated WWI modeling forum...thanks Des!

My modeling interests span all eras of military aviation and have ventured into WWI only within the past few years.  My usual scale preference is 1/48, with WWI represented by a decent stash of Eduard and Roden kits, but I'm also a huge fan of Wingnut Wings and have half a dozen of their kits awaiting my attention.  :)

I don't have anything from this era on my workbench at the moment but will post a couple of my completed projects (which you may have seen on other forums) just to get settled in.

I'm also a contributor to Airfix Model World magazine with recent projects being those they have asked me to do.  My first article for them, published in the May 2011 issue, was Eduard's 1/48 OEFFAG Albatros which was my third (and last) WWI build.  Picture will be posted in the Completed section.  There's at least one WWI project on the horizon for AMW but I've got a couple more modern aircraft to do first.  :)

Cheers,
Eric

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Greetings from Akron, Ohio!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 06:54:35 AM »
Hello Eric and welcome to the forum, I'm so glad to see you here and I look forward in seeing some of your work posted soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
Hello Eric,

Good to see you here.

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »
Eric,
Welcome aboard my friend. Man am I ever looking forward to seeing your project posted here.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:18:07 AM »
Welcome aboard. Heck, on my third WWI model, I was just happy to finally get the rigging to look half way decent! I'm really looking forward to seeing that OEFFAG Albatros image.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:30:37 AM »
G'day Eric

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Online RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:53:21 AM »
welcome Eric!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan