Author Topic: Quick Straw Poll to see who is going to the IPMS USA Nationals this year  (Read 1853 times)

Offline JCoatney

I plan on going to the IPMS USA Nationals this year in August, in Hampton Virginia. Anyone else attending? I won't be vending there (our stuff is a bit to specific to justify the cost of the tables there), but I would love to meet some of you fine folks, and put some names with some faces. Not to mention seeing some of your work first hand.

Happy Modeling,
-Jim
www.greatwarmodels.com

Offline treadhead1944

I am considering going. I need to figure a few things out first.

guitarlute101

I'm 90% sure I'll be there. I need to work around a few work scheduling issues.

Mark

Offline davecww1

Looks like I will be going!  just got approved for vacation days and will roadtrip to VA with a couple of friends!
Dave Calhoun

Offline rhallinger

I might make it.  I'll keep you posted.

Regards,

Bob

Offline JCoatney

We should have an informal meet & greet while we're there. We can coordinate as things get closer in.

Last year there was a very large selection of WW1 aircraft on the tables , including 23 WnW kits and a large collection of Eduard Nieuport 17 models. Hoping for an even bigger turnout this year.

-Jim

Offline Mark

I'm going to try and make it a day trip--down early morning, spend day, drive back that night. Not sure which day.

Mark G.

Offline dr 1 ace

Yes, I will be there .

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline JCoatney

Yes, I will be there .

Ed

Well, if Ed is going to be there, I'd say my chances of winning an award just dropped by a significant amount. ;)

I'm a big fan of your work, and loved the Camel you brought last year.

-Jim

Offline AROTH

I'm going to try and make it a day trip--down early morning, spend day, drive back that night. Not sure which day.

Mark G.

Same here.

Offline dr 1 ace

Yes, I will be there .

Ed

I'm a big fan of your work, and loved the Camel you brought last year.

-Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the very generous compliment.

Look forward to meeting up with you (and others from the forum who attend),  as my picture appears in the featured modeler section, also I usually wear a WWI themed T-shirt and spend most of my time in the model room, I should be easy to spot.
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline rhallinger

I will be there Thursday and Friday, at least.  Anyone else?

Regards,

Bob

Offline Vickers

I attended the Nats VA Beach in 2003. Those guys at IPMS Tidewater do an excellent job with it.  I was hoping to go this year, but other things have come up that require me to maintain an austere budget if I'm to fulfill my promise to participate in the Fokker D.VII Group Build. So, rather than dashing off to Virginia Beach I'll be hunkering down in my hobby bunker and that'll be fine with me! ;D
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline AROTH

I will be driving down there on the 5th and staying til the 7th so I will have a full day on the 6th. Then off to Florida for a family visit.

Offline davecww1

Re: Quick Straw Poll to see who is going to the IPMS USA Nationals this year
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 04:29:38 AM »
Unfortunately I will not be attending this year, car problems kept us from reserving a room and now I have a new car but no funds for the trip down this year.
Dave