Author Topic: Accuracy of Roden kits  (Read 1024 times)

Offline stefanbuss

Accuracy of Roden kits
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:52:50 AM »
Friends,

as far as I am aware, Roden is famed for rather good or rather bad kits. At the moment I am contemplating the DIII OAW and the Pfalz DIII. Question: Which one of those two is the better kit, accuracy-wise? What are the respective problem areas?

I hope for your feedback.

Regards,

Stefan

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: Accuracy of Roden kits
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:14:38 AM »
Interior is wrong for the Albie DIII unfortunately. Roden, like Eduard just copied the DII/DIII layout.
Of course that only matters if you are being Picky. It should be a morph between the DII & DV.a Kind of interim development..
Theres lots of small issues with engine size, MG size etc if you compare them to WNW's But they build quite well.

But it's still the best DIII kit around, grafting WNW flying surfaces to it isn't too hard but cabanes and V struts are different lengths.

One thing Roden picked up on was the different wheel and tyre configuration between Albatros and OAW. The engine cowls need work. OAW's were slightly different to Albatroses in as much as where they overlapped etc.

I've never built the Pfalz so can't really comment on her. I had one in mind when WNW announced their DIIIa

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo