Author Topic: Airco DH.9 (1/32, Wingnut Wings)  (Read 7829 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Airco DH.9 (1/32, Wingnut Wings)
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
I thank you all, who might have come late to this party, but still left very much appreciated comments! Glad you like my DH.9 in somewhat unusual livery, but then, so dear to me.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Odysseus

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 04:11:21 PM »
Superb finish!

Offline ondra

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »
I discovered this thread just now, Przemol, I am sorry to be late for the party.

You did a great job on this build, I especially admire the nice finish with very subtle and natural weathering.

Btw. it might be of interest for someone the polish markings are credited to Stefan Stec, a polish aviator who served in Austro-Hungarian air force during WWI and used the red-white checkerboard as his personal insignia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Stec_%28Polish_aviator%29

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks, Odysseus and Ondra!
And, Ondra, thanks for bringing the roots of Polish national emblem to public!

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2015, 06:07:10 PM »
Once again  a build I can only dream of Przemo! I especially like the soft colors and of course your amazing talents! Congratulations.

Kind regards
Patrick

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2015, 03:31:40 AM »
Well...I am trying to figure out how I missed this amazingly well executed and well photographed model.....but I looked at the dates and realise it was posted before I became part of this Band of Lunati.....er, ah, I mean Band of Brothers (and Miss Terri!).

Looking at this DH.9 and then looking at the F'stowe, it is clear you have a wonderful and identifiable personal style of building and finishing. So subtle but so very realisitic.

Bravo, Przemo....keep 'em coming.....and I really wish you'd reconsider the AEG....you would make it into a masterpiece.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »
this is amazing przemol. i think this is maybe your best model. itis perfect

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2015, 09:09:11 AM »
Thank you, Patrick! Though I am convinced, that if I manage to build my models like this, then possible anybody would do the same or even better!

Michael, again, many thanks for your overly kind words, truly appreciated. Well, I will try to keep building my models, though I must admit I feel tired with Felixstowe project. I have some ill thoughts of giving it up. But then, I suppose, that when it is ready and maybe after a couple of days my fingers will start itching... But I have to disappoint you once again, AEG is definitely out of question. Even if by a strange chance, I got it as a gift, I would not build it. I am sorry.

ALBATROS1234, thanks, too. This DH.9 is indeed among my favourites, top five definitely. I am glad you like it so much, too!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:28:45 PM by PrzemoL »

Offline petrov27

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »
Totally brilliant DH9 - fantastic!
-Patrick

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2015, 11:38:06 AM »
No worries, mon ami. I am sure that whatever you choose to build following the Felixstowe will be wonderful and, I hope for your sake, a little less involved.

BTW, I do not blame you for passing on the idea of a live-feed for the final steps. I think the fun of the idea was actually in the possibilty of putting faces, and accents!, to the names of our international crew. But the pressure on you would not be worth it. I am sure the postings of congratulations will be plenty.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael  (whose 62 1/2 B'day is Aug. 22 if you do happen to receive an AEG that you really don't want.) (But my wife would ask, "are you sure you aren't going to be 6 1/2?")

Offline PrzemoL

• Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2015, 07:49:40 AM »
Thank you, Petrov.

Michael, I will remember about your birthday date, though I suppose getting AEG as a gift is very unlikely   ;)

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2015, 08:50:37 AM »
Yeah, well, one should never give up hope when it comes to B'days, Christmas, and marriage. You submit your wish, say a big [prayer, then hope for the best.