Author Topic: Hobbycraft Nieuport 17  (Read 1039 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Hobbycraft Nieuport 17
« on: May 05, 2014, 05:47:16 AM »
   Does anyone have a Hobbycraft Nieuport 17 (newer unstarted condition) they are willing to part with? Can anyone advise if the Academy N.17 is a re-boxing or are they  completely different kits? Any comments regarding comparison of these two Kits and/or their good and bad points also appreciated.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Hobbycraft Nieuport 17
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
they are the exact same kit. plastic wise that is. hobbycraft put out several different decal options one was billy bishop one was the russian marks which looks like "god" and there were a few others. the academy kit has nunngesser and guynemeyer markings. i have one of each thats how i know. i install a mastercasters resin cockpit in my academy which worked out really sweet.

http://www.mastercasters.co.uk/resources/MST32060_750.jpg

Offline Dal Gavan

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:48:07 AM »
Thanks Dal,
   MGunns (Mark) came through for me, Hobbycraft Kit in the mail as I post this. "It's all good"!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:00:10 AM »
Thanks Dal,
   MGunns (Mark) came through for me, Hobbycraft Kit in the mail as I post this. "It's all good"!
Cheers,
Lance

I can't wait to see what you do with the Nieuport, Lance.  With your talents, it will be
a stunner. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 06:01:59 AM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence Ernie. I'm hoping for a change of pace; I love the WNW Kits but they tend to spoil you! I have the Roden N.28 as well, so I'll hopefully tackle one or the other real soon, but then there's still 2 DVII's, and the Fokker EIII, and the Snipe. No lack of grandiose plans here, but time could be a problem! ???
Cheers,
Lance