Author Topic: Schlachtfleiger!  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Checkers67

Schlachtfleiger!
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
It just arrived in the mail a few hours ago. What a Tome on ground attack! I don't think I have enough kits to build. If your thinking about buying this massive book, go for it. I have no idea why I waited so long.
Two Thumbs Up!
Steve ;)

Offline rhwinter

Re: Schlachtfleiger!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
Hi Steve! Are you talking about Rick van Duiven's "Schlachtflieger"? If so, I would be glad if you could post here the book's Contents pages! I am planning to achieve this book since ages, as I find the topic very interesting, but can't decide to do so yet... Knowing more exactly about what's in the book might help me with the decision.
Thank you!
Richard
P.S. Any review on the internet?

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
There should be a review on the net. Amazon has a a few customer reviews of "Schlachtflieger!". Also, you can glimpse some pages. Maybe the table of contents is shown.
Let me know.
Steve

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »
Hi Steve,
yes, I know, there's a lot of appraisals for this book around on the www, e.g. this one here: http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/books-magazines/32359-schlachtflieger-review.html
, but no content's list. Alas! I'd buy it anyway. Thank you, Steve,
Richard

P.S. And here's a supplementary read: http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/apj/apj90/spr90/2spr90.htm

Dekenba

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:59 AM »
Here we go:

If you like German WWI two-seaters, you will want this book. It's not cheap, but the paper quality is wonderful, the printing true and the colour bright. Many photo's, many, many profiles in colour, three view plans and an in-depth history of the development of German ground attack aircraft in WWI. Plus a ridiculously well researched appendix, a good history of the development of the planes as the war progressed, as well as the weapons & engines.

All you need and a lot you never even knew you needed.