Author Topic: News on Gregory  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
News on Gregory
« on: April 22, 2014, 07:28:07 AM »
 I have received news from Cheryl, Gregory's wife and she has informed me that Gregory is not well at all, he suffered another major stroke. To explain it better I have pasted the email I received from Cheryl this morning, all we can do is hope and pray for Gregory to recover.

Des.

Des.

Please excuse my slow replies to your e-mails. As I know Gregory has told you of his many health problems over the last few years. I have more bad news to pass on, Gregory has had another major stroke. Thankfully after two months he has been released from the hospital and is currently is a patient at Stroke Rehabilitation Center on the coast.We are all praying for a for a full recovery but we all know a complete recovery is not likely. I have been told by Gregory's doctors not to expect too much but they confident that in time recover some of his mental and physical abilities.

Knowing my husband's will and determination I know he'll give this a good fight to recover as much as possible as soon as possible. Please say a little prayer for him and feel free to let all of Gregory's friends know what has happened  and pray too.The prayer's will be appreciated by the entire family. Thank you for being a good friend to my husband.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: News on Gregory
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »
This is truly sad news.  :(

Perhaps there is some small gesture we can do for him, maybe to lift his and Cheryl's spirits a tiny bit. I was thinking of something that could go to his room, "signed" by all his forum friends from all over the world.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:25:58 AM by Bo Monroe »

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »
Thank you for posting this, Des.  I was afraid of this.  I remember Gregory's last stroke.  He came back from that one enough to participate in the forum, although he had trouble working on his models.  Please pass on to Cheryl that she and Gregory continue to be in my prayers.
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:04:06 AM »
Sad news, indeed :(
I will surely pray for Gregory and Cheryl.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 08:05:59 AM »
Des, please forward my best wishes and hopes for a recovery for Gregory - I didn't know him too well on here, but he always had time for an encouraging word for me.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 08:23:40 AM »
Thank you for sharing this with us Des. My thoughts are with Greg,Cheryl and their family.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 08:27:04 AM »
Very sad to read this - Gregory is a real gentleman and always took the trouble to comment on all members build logs and completed models.

My very best wishes to Gregory and his family for a speedy recovery.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
I have written to Cheryl asking if she doesn't mind sending a mailing address for Gregory, if she does it means that we can send cards etc direct to Gregory and hopefully lift his spirits. I will keep you informed.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »
Thanks for keeping us informed Des. Sad news indeed, but at least we now know the situation and can keep him in our thoughts...

Ian

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 09:57:59 AM »
Very sorry to hear of Gregory's health crisis and I convey my best wishes to he and his family. Thoughts and prayers for his recovery.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »
That's awful news, Des, but thank you for passing that along. This hits us all very hard. My best to Gregory and Cheryl.

Lindsay

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »
Very sad news indeed. Thank you, Des, for passing this on to all of us. Greg is very much in my thoughts and like all, I hope some comfortable degree of recovery results for him. A true Gentleman whose contributions here have been significant. I believe the suggestion to send him messages of encouragement and comfort is appropriate with his Spouse's agreement.
Lance

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 02:43:34 PM »
Such sad news, but at least we have some answers. My thoughts and prayers go out to Gregory,
Cheryl and their family.  I dearly hope he will recover in time.  It would be very good if
his forum friends could be able to send cards to him.

Ernie

The new old guy, take two...

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »
Sad to hear that one of our own is going through this.
My thoughts are with you, Gregory.
Get well soon my old friend.

Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
Sad news and I'm sure all those he has brushed shoulders with on many forums over the years will know him for the gentleman he is and wish him all the best in his recovery.

I hope his wife Cheryl and himself get some joy from knowing how he is missed by us all and how we all think of him.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo