Author Topic: ebay co-op  (Read 650 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

ebay co-op
« on: April 20, 2014, 03:36:21 PM »
you ever search ebay for those rare kits? mosty 1/48 i am speaking of but 1/72 as well. most 1/32 kits are pretty new and not too hard to get unless its a wnw hansa or lvg. dont you hate it when theres a kit that you really want, been wanting it for a long time. one of those you dont see often and when you do it goes for over $100 just cuz there was one other guy that wanted to fight you for it. one of you is going to win and the other guy is just making it more expensive for you. i have to assume that theres a really good chance that the person we are bidding against is a member here.

so my thought is to set up a co-op where we work together instead of against each other. like last nite there was a group of 3 kits for sale as a unit, an eduard sopwith tripe,eduard fokker e.v and the jewel a legato lohner dr.1. well the bid hovered at $60 until the last second and i entered a $150 max bid while another guy entered a $124 bid. he still didnt get it, he just inflated the price i had to pay. theoretically if that guy was one of you and we had talked prior and decided who would be willing to pay the most it would have saved the winner a ton by the guy that wasnt going to win anyway just bow out.

so heres my idea. we get a group of us ebay hounds to keep an eye out for the cool rare stuff,resin kits and short runs mostly. we post our findings here if its o.k. with des, if not we can do it via email. say i am willing to pay the $150 and so and so was only willing to do the $124 max. well the lower guy bows out and allows the guy who wants or needs it most to get it for a better price. or if some guy posts that he really truly wants something, the other guys bow out. i am sure there will be some cases where there are 2 guys that feel they both must have a certain kit. well then the 2 guys work it out together and maybe let someone have it this time and next time the 2nd party agrees to bow out.

i am sure there are a million different other things i havent thought of to make this benefit our small group of ww1 enthusists so this is why i started this dialog. so does anyone have a comment or suggestion?