Author Topic: Gotha G.V Night Camouflage question comments added May 20 after more research.  (Read 1910 times)

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
The postman dropped off the AZ Models Gotha G.V today so now I'm looking at the various schemes covered in the Datafile.  While there's mention (and at least one photo) of a night hex scheme most of the G.V's from what I'm getting from the text, most G.V's were finished in an irregular hand painted loz pattern with the later G.Va's and G.Vb's being covered in night loz fabric on the flying surfaces. 

Added Sunday May 20' I found a post by Dan-San Abbott that says some of the G.V were finished in the five color day loz.  He uses a photo of 'Erika' photo 57 in the Datafile as reference.  He further states Rimmel has the color profile wrong.  So can we now assume some of the GV's were built back to day bombers and finished in the day scheme - and the wood fuselages were also hand painted in a daylight loz pattern.

If I can find four extra wheels in my piles of extra I will probably do the G.V version with the extended landing gear - which still appears to have been finished in the hand painted loz overall. 

Any other sources I should be checking?  Thanks for any assistance.  It's pretty neat to be looking at a 1/48 scale Gotha other than the old Aurora kit.

Charlie

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:55:20 PM by cduckworth »
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline Ronkootje

Hello iam conversing the WNW Gotha GIV to a GV using doug his night lozenge dont know if he can scale the decals down to your scale but you can always ask!

Ron

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
Thanks, Doug and I have been emailing and he's doing a handpainted set for the fuselage and night loz for the wings, etc.  I plan to make a later version of the GV with the extra wheels out front of the engines.
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo