Author Topic: ww1 aircraft models by george grasse.  (Read 1084 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

ww1 aircraft models by george grasse.
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »
i found this site a few years back and just re-discovered it. many of you may have seen it before. its a modeller named george grasse and he does figures from napoleonic times and ww1 aircraft. i think his stuff is definately worth a look as he gives short build reviews on a bunch of 1/48 kits mostly german mostly obscure resin kits. check it out.

http://www.histomin.com/Aviation/World%20War%201%20Aviation/WW1%20Aircraft/WW1%20Aircraft%20in%20Scale%20Index.htm

Offline Cimmerian

Re: ww1 aircraft models by george grasse.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:29:04 PM »
Thanks for the link. There's some great work on display there. The figures are good as well.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:55:17 PM »
Thanks Scott for the link, there is some great reference material there and lots of reading.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:43:57 PM »
   Some serious 'grass roots" modelling here, wonderful work without the advantages of After Market add ons. Very nice to view, thanks for providing the Link.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 02:07:13 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Scott.  Some great stuff there.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »
like i said i found the site a few years back doing research on diff german types and i ended up bumping into the site a few times so i explored it and thought it was cool. if for nothing else he tells you about his experiences with different resin kits that dont have any reviews. i lost the link when i got my new laptop and stumbled over it again butntheres alot more builds now ole george has been busy. hes not much for the weathering techniques we use around here but he does a very nice model