Author Topic: Albatros D Series - Trainer versions  (Read 831 times)

Offline stefanbuss

Albatros D Series - Trainer versions
« on: April 13, 2014, 12:50:44 AM »
Friends,

my wife has decided that my ongoing (already more than one year) build of WNW's Albatros DV has to undergo a change of subject - away from JaSta B's striped Albatros towards a colourful training machine. That one an aerodynamic fairing instead of it's machine guns.

Question 1: Where the ammo bins removed on training aircraft as well (they would protrude beyond the new fairing, so they are either removed or cut somewhere)?

Question 2: In case the bins where removed, what happened to the small rod that is visible between the larger and the smaller bin - would that rod have been removed as well, being an integral part of the ammo containers - or would that rod still stay in place and thus be very visible inside the cockpit?

Any ideas (or better: photos?)?

Stefan

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Albatros D Series - Trainer versions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:48:33 AM »
my guess is the bins would be removed, but I don't know.
At any rate, the purpose of the "small rod" you speak of is to retain the bins. it slides out of the fuselage horizontally, allowing the bins to be lifted out. I suppose it would be replaced after the bins were removed, but then again, maybe not. AFAIK it served no other purpose (not structural)

Offline stefanbuss

Re: Albatros D Series - Trainer versions
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 04:40:30 PM »
Thank you Bo,

that confirmned my guesses.

Stefan