Author Topic: Copper State's done it again!  (Read 2868 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Copper State's done it again!
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:02:53 PM »
Now in addition to the S.M.1, they have re-worked and reissued their Dolphin, Snipe, Brandenburg W.12 and the Grigorovich M.5.  From the looks of the photos, they've been vastly improved.  In addition, they've released 3 new 1/32 scale pilot figures.  Lucky us!
http://www.copperstatemodels.com/
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 02:04:30 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

Re: Copper State's done it again!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:32:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing the info Bud! The figures look AWESOME! If they redo the SE5 it could tempt me back to the Dark side of 1/48th  :-\
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
Just had a look at their website. Just text, no images. If you want orders, let's see some pictures guys! :)]

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:58:13 PM »
Just had a look at their website. Just text, no images. If you want orders, let's see some pictures guys! :)]

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

The pictures are there. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to find them so not real user friendly. Go to the "Our Products" bar , click on that, choose a scale, then click on the desired sub category, ie. 1/32nd, figures. When you get there you choose gallery.
Complicated yes, but trust me the pics are nice.
RAGIII

http://www.copperstatemodels.com/

http://www.copperstatemodels.com/static/images/products/D28-124/title_product.jpg
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:15:19 PM by RAGIII »

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 02:28:26 PM »
Thanks for that walk through guide to the Copper State website. Very helpful. Very nice figures there and the new resin kits look appealing too.

But...very complicated website. It needs some streamlining. Good prices on the figures though.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
Thanks for that walk through guide to the Copper State website. Very helpful. Very nice figures there and the new resin kits look appealing too.

But...very complicated website. It needs some streamlining. Good prices on the figures though.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

No Problem Dave. Like I said not real user friendly  8)
RAGIII

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 07:07:38 AM »
well now thats quite exciting, they actually look improved,like wing rib detail and includes struts.i messed up and bought a w.12 used a couple years ago and the guy neglected to mention he had started it and there were some missing parts. i am gonna order a dolphin and another w.12. can you believe a couple months ago there was a guy selling a csm w.12 wanting like $150 and $300 for a dornier. i sent him a pm to let him know that csm was in the middle of a refurbish of the molds so he better try and get what he can asap cuz anyone in the know is just gonna wait a year until they can get a brand new one for $50.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 02:10:33 AM »
Scott, I saw those insane ebay prices.  At one point the guy had the Dornier as high as $500!  So glad CSM is back up and running.  Ilya assures me that a totally re-worked and enormously improved Dornier will be released.  Really looking forward to that one.  They've also released 3 really nice looking Lewis guns in 1/48 scale.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »
it looks as though wing rib detail is improved. it used to be scribed on flat wings now it looks as though there is actually a little dip in btw the ribs. which i dont care what some guys say in photos you can see the dip.

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 11:20:05 PM »
I'll buy all of those. I'm glad they replaced the white metal parts with resin. I always thought the CS white metal was sub par. I hope they sell the Snipe's Bentley rotary separately.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 01:32:20 AM »
I ordered the Snipe, Rob, so I'll let you know how that engine looks.  I'll also suggest to Ilya that he sell it seperately.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
I really like the three 1:32 scale pilot figures and they are at a very good price.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »
Those are nice looking figures.  I'm tempted to get the first one to go with my Tripe.  Never painted a figure before.  Might be a good time to start.   
They've just added the AEG C.IV to the 1/48 line-up.  Six kits available now.  They've also got a 1/28 Hispano Suisa BE engine for the Revell SPAD XIII in 1/28 accessories and a pe set for the same kit in 1/28 upgrades.  Aside from the challenging website, I really like what they're doing.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 06:54:58 PM »
Those are nice looking figures.  I'm tempted to get the first one to go with my Tripe.  Never painted a figure before.  Might be a good time to start.   
They've just added the AEG C.IV to the 1/48 line-up.  Six kits available now.  They've also got a 1/28 Hispano Suisa BE engine for the Revell SPAD XIII in 1/28 accessories and a pe set for the same kit in 1/28 upgrades.  Aside from the challenging website, I really like what they're doing.
Cheers,
Bud

Very nice products, especially the figures. You really should have a go at one Bud! Oh, but they really need to do some work on their website.
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline radio

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »
I think, in July I will buy the W 12 and AEG C IV.
Martin