Author Topic: WNW Roland C11  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Graham t

WNW Roland C11
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »
It's official according to the WNW Fans FB page!!!!  Not yet on their website but the box art is on FB.

Offline zavod44

Re: WNW Roland C11
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
I'll be ordering....

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 02:56:40 PM »
If its true I will too. It's one of my top wishes on my personal *I want list*

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Russell

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
One of my school friends built an Airfix version. Timothy's 30 minute build as 7 year old may not have been quite up to world class standard but it looked good to us at the time & I loved the shape. For some reason I never had the kit myself so a few... errr.... decades later it's very satisfying to be able to put that omission right - on a grand scale.

My thanks to Jamo for the report.

Regards
Russell

PS I was going to order a Datafile for the C11 last week but I never got around to it - I did this morning though!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 07:33:39 PM by Russell »

Offline Galloway

Re: WNW Roland C11 Two New WNW Roland C.II's look
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 08:51:57 AM »
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 02:02:28 PM »
damn that makes me think it could be true.

Offline JastaB

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 12:46:09 AM »
Ill be buying two as soon as they become available!

Offline davecww1

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »
They look good but I already have a 1/48 scale Eduard one on the shelf!  ;)
Dave

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 06:34:10 AM »
It is no good excuse, Dave. Because of WNW I now have four couples in 72nd and 32nd scales - DH.2, Albatros D.V, Pfalz D.IIIa and Pfalz D.XII... But I do not have any Walfisch...
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 01:17:24 PM »
truth be told the eduard is a decent kit if you want to make the later versions but the bulkheads have to be trimmed out and some scratched details and it still wouldnt be as nice as the wnw kits. logically i should get the early version but i want both as well as the d.vib and the dh-9 .better start selling off some kits.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 03:21:52 AM »
Well, I just ordered the early version even though I have the Eduard C.II finished and in my case.  I also have another Eduard and a Blue Max, both of which I fully intend to build, perhaps in conjunction with the WNW kit.  Just couldn't pass up a Roland with a Lewis gun.  So cool.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 06:28:13 AM »
its a conundrum bud i got a couple eduards which are basically like the "late"wnw on the interior and of course the well known aileron control fix in order to make the version you want. i am tempted get the early because the interior with the steering wheel and that lewis but then the fishy schemes are in that version. i kinda want to do a 2 tone camo with teeth . so i kinda want both, but i also want a roland d.vi b that just came out. and i want the new dh-9. and i still want a junkers j.i .so i think i need to sell a couple 1/48 doubles that i know i wont build. ima put together some and post them on the trading post.

Offline Graham t

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 06:55:55 AM »
Am idea for WNW, how about releasing the CII & Re8 as a "dogfight double"- worked for Airfix all those years ago! 

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 07:03:28 AM »
Well, I just ordered the early version even though I have the Eduard C.II finished and in my case.  I also have another Eduard and a Blue Max, both of which I fully intend to build, perhaps in conjunction with the WNW kit.  Just couldn't pass up a Roland with a Lewis gun.  So cool.
Cheers,
Bud

Well looks like WNW has you hook line and sinker now Amigo !  patience for I am sure a Sop. comic and a Dolphin will also appear.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 10:50:53 AM »
Cheers,
Bud

Well looks like WNW has you hook line and sinker now Amigo !  patience for I am sure a Sop. comic and a Dolphin will also appear.

Ed

:D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler