Author Topic: WW1 Air to Air video  (Read 1583 times)

Offline Pup Cam

WW1 Air to Air video
« on: March 22, 2014, 03:42:26 AM »
I suppose this just about falls into this category?

A film of WW1 British and German aircraft "in action" (albeit at 1/3 scale!  :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6SESvM5F4 (set it to HD quality)

UK Dawn Patrol aircraft filmed at Stow Maries last year.    The air to air shots from the Pup's cockpit were taken using a remote controlled video system that I have been developing over the years.  One day it might get a go in the Tripehound! :)   Some short clips of the video were used in the "Air War" section of the  BBC's recent "WW1 - I was there" programme mentioned in another thread.

The film was edited by Matt the owner and pilot of the Pup, I drove the camera.

Anyway, hope you like it.   

Alan

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: WW1 Air to Air video
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 04:48:23 AM »
WOW! I liked it a lot, and also the Dawn Patrol one on the same page. Watching the Guys deal with the nasty crosswind on landing was really interesting. :o great clips, Thanks for posting this Alan.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:42:49 AM »
Fantastic air to air photography, I love the way the wing rigging was flexing and it was amazing to see how much the fabric under the top wing was also flexing , very realistic images, the quick pass of the instrument panel was excellent as was the turn around looking behind the aircraft, all great stuff, thank you for posting this link.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pup Cam

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 07:55:43 AM »
Thanks gents.

The quest to improve the system goes on.  I'm looking at a brushless motor version of the mount to make the motion smoother and a head tracker & video goggles to control it more accurately.

Oh yes, Mat needs to tighten up the cabane bracing too!

Alan