Author Topic: The Blue Max now released on Blu ray  (Read 902 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
The Blue Max now released on Blu ray
« on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »
Not sure if this has been reported on the forum but The Blue Max has been released on limited edition Blu Ray in the USA.

It's only available from one mail order outlet in the USA, Screen Archives Entertainment and the link to the item on their website is:

http://www2.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=26667

They state the release is limited to only 3000 copies.

Mine arrived the other day ( post to Australia $US10), took about a week all up, excellent service, and the 1080 HD transfer is unbelievable. Its like a brand new movie. Crisp, sharp brighter images, excellent colour and none of the 'muddiness' that marked this movie's original release back in 1966. Audio quality is excellent too and the Blu Ray includes a separate track with Jerry Goldsmith's famous musical soundtrack plus other bonus goodies. The Blu ray is Region free meaning it will play in any country.

Apparently i's not going to be released elsewhere in the world so if you want a HD print of the Blue Max, grab one now!

Regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 09:42:40 AM by Des »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline mgunns

Re: The Blue Max now released on Blu ray
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:59:37 PM »
Hello Dave:

THanks for the heads up on this one.  I went and ordered it.  Like many here, it is one of my favorite movies and despite some of the a/c markings, a fun and motivating film as well.  Brings back memories of seeing it with my dad and brother in the theater.  I am looking forward to seeing it anew.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....